A good bread knife is a must for every kitchen. Comes with serrated blades, these knives can do much more than cutting through bread. Of course, the sharp blade can easily cut through squash and other vegetables with ease. Most importantly, these blades can make a neat cut through any type of bread without putting much strain on your hands.
However, a lot of caution must be put while opting for a bread knife online. Frankly, it can be very exhausting. So, we are preparing this list of the 10 bread knives available in Amazon. Take a look and you will know which one to choose.
- List of Best Bread Knives in 2022 Review
- Which is the best bread knife?
- What characteristics are a must in a bread knife?
List of Best Bread Knives in 2022 Review
10. Paudin Bread Knife
If you have got to give a gift to a loved one who loves cooking, there cannot be a better option than this. The product has a really attractive appearance with a wooden handle which uses Pakkawood. The high-quality material gives great sturdiness to the structure. Besides, it gives great stability so you can use the knife even if it is wet without giving yourself a cut.
Moreover, the shape of the knife makes it non slip, to further avoid any unwanted accidents. The handle also sits very comfortably on your grip.
- Not only bread, but the multipurpose knife can be used to even cut pastries and cakes with ease.
- The alloy used for the product promises to not get dull with time, so you can use it for almost a lifetime.
- Since the item cannot get rusted, you do not have to worry about the safety of your meals.
9. Global Bread Knife
This product has been designed keeping many practicalities in mind. You might not be accustomed to using really heavy knives. Therefore, this knife weighs no more than 2 pounds, giving you better control when you cut your bread. Although, do not consider the item flimsy.
Besides, this product makes use of top-grade high tech blend of molybdenum and vanadium stainless steel for the blade of the item. Steel by itself is well known for its durability, mixed with the alloy compound, the product will easily last you for ages without any complaint.
- To keep the item cleaner for a longer time, it is completely seamless in the body.
- Moreover, for any defects or breakage, this product proudly provides an assurance of a lifetime warranty.
- A finger notch is present between the blades and handles which provides better protection from any injury.
8. Orblue Bread Knife
A lot of thought has been given to the design of this bread knife. The product comes with serrated edges. These help to hack into the bread with better precision. Although, the serrated edges do not dull out the knife even a bit. Instead, the edges are well sharpened which easily gets into any bread so you can have the perfect slices without any struggle.
As a matter of fact, the blade of this item is a one-piece design. This really shows its benefit in the long run, lasting for years. With this product, you will barely feel any resistance.
- To avoid any accidents when the product is not in use, the item has an added rubber guard on the tip of the knife.
- The handle has been given a curved shape which molds to the shape of your hand for an ergonomic grip.
- Moreover, the item reduces from 2.2mm to a minimal 0.1mm for an easy application.
7. Mercer Culinary Millennia Bread Knife
With this product, you cannot possibly go wrong. The bread knife has already proven its worth by winning the approval of many with its exceptional performance and rightfully earned the title of Bestseller on Amazon for itself. It will surely have what you are looking for as well. One of the primary components used for the handle of the knife is Santoprene. This gives your hand great comfort so it does not get easily strained while working.
If that was not enough, the handle also has polypropylene, which lends great durability to the bread knife. The blade is of high carbon and the razor sharpness will help in the smooth cutting.
- For the ones looking for a little more than just sharpness, this product comes in a wide range of colors that you get to choose from.
- High carbon, superior quality Japanese steel is used for the blade of the item.
- You also enjoy the feature of a protective finger guard on this knife.
6. Cuisinart Bread Knife
When quality is in question, Cuisinart strives to offer you the very best they can offer. The knife has a tapered ground blade, which narrows down near the tip, so you can cut into the bread cleanly, without any hassle. The narrowing of the tip also gives the bread knife great sharpness making it easier to cut.
Moreover, rivets have been used for the knife which keeps the blade secure inside the handle without coming loose. Since the rivets are all of the stainless steel, you do not have to worry about any rusting either.
- In case you are doubtful about the quality of the product, Cuisinart drives all such concerns away. Of course, it comes with a matchless lifetime warranty on the product.
- It provides you with an extra-wide forged safety bolster on the knife. Thus, you have the perfect balance to be able to cut accurately through the bread.
- Furthermore, it comes with a blade guard. So, you will not have to worry about the blade losing its sharpness.
5. Kai Pure Komachi 2 Series Bread Knives
This bread knife is truly one of its kinds in the lot. The entire, as well as the handle of the knife, is covered by bright color, attracting the attention of the usual boring ones. Although, you do not have to worry. The color used is not only FDA approved, but also food safe, so that you can cut into your bread without the fear of any unwanted toxins in it.
Also, the knife promises to be a multi-purpose tool, coming to use in various corners of the kitchen. With a non-stick resin coating, the knife glides with more ease on the bread.
- The special shape of the handle of this product helps to reduce the fatigue that can get accumulated in your arm.
- The 8-inch knife gives you enough body to easily handle larger bread kinds as well.
- Because of the resin coating, the item is free from any fear of corrosion as well.
4. Imarku Bread Knife
Absolutely packed with features, this product is bound to have all that you are looking for already. The bread knife makes use of 1.4116-grade German stainless steel for the blade. Steel has great sturdiness which the blade receives. Needless to say, when it comes to long-lasting usage, you can count on this product.
Besides, this product speaks for its quality with the title of Amazon’s Choice it bagged with its amazing service. Because the serrated edges of this product are ultra-sharp, you can say goodbye to the trouble of crumbs and uneven cuts.
- The handle of the bread knife is a good 5 inches long, keeping you at a safe distance from the blade.
- Whether it is a cake, baguette, or brioche, this knife cuts through any bread or even meat smoothly.
- Since the product resists any discoloration, the product remains as good as new for a long time.
3. Humbee Chef Bread Knife
Surely, one of the best bread knives, this product deserves your attention. If your main priority is quality, go for this product without a second thought. The high-quality product is not only for personal use but can be used for professional purposes as well. Next, the serrated edges of the bread knife are razor sharp. This cuts the bread without leaving a single crumb, or any uneven sides.
Because of the stainless steel used, no matter how much moisture the product is exposed to, it will never get rusted.
- The material used for the handle is really smooth and soft to touch, so your hands can work for hours.
- Plus, handle being riveted with the blade, you do not have to worry about the blade coming off either.
- Lastly, the 8-inch serrated blade can cut through any bread type easily.
2. Henckels Bread Knife
For those who are looking for a lightweight bread knife, you cannot get better than this. The product weighs less than a pound. Therefore, it will be really easy to control as you like, and be much more convenient to maneuver. Further, you do not have to worry about the product being weak because it’s ultra-light.
Moreover, the blade has been a professional satin finish. This makes the blade much more accurate for the precise cuts you need. Lastly, the high-quality stainless steel finish enables assures you about the durability of the product completely.
- The blade has been honed good so it maintains the sharpness for much longer.
- With this product, you do not have to worry about maintenance. The item is dishwasher safe.
- Having triple-rivet handle to flaunt, you get a far better balance on the item.
1. Dalstrong Bread Knife
Name what your requirement is, and this product is sure to be already catering to it. The bread knife has been thoughtfully given a lamination as well as polish. Hence, it is much easier to clean the surface and keep things sanitary without putting a great effort or taking up a lot of your time. Besides, the knife can cut a lot more than just bread.
From fruits to vegetables, the product takes care of it all. With the 56+ Rockwell hardness, you can count on the sturdiness of this item.
- The serrations are geometrically angled so you can easily slice through things.
- Because of the tapering shape of the knife, it barely has any slicing resistance, so you need to put minimal effort.
- The luxurious pakkawood used for the handle gives a great look as well as better comfort.
Which is the best bread knife?
As the public opinion has spoken, the choice can be none other than the Mercer Culinary Millennia bread knife. This product is literally created mixing the best of everything into one package. Unlike other products, the knife pays special attention to the grip. Two very special compounds are used, so that, your handle is unmatched in quality. While the handle appears comfortable to touch and helps you to reduce the usual fatigue of your hand, it is at the same time really durable, so you do not have to go for a new knife anytime soon. Besides, it also uses Japanese special stainless steel, which will show it’s superiority through its amazing sturdiness and precision.
What characteristics are a must in a bread knife?
Few things cannot be compromised when considering a knife. One thing you should look for is a finger guard which can protect your hand from any unnecessary cuts when you are too busy to be careful during meal prep. Also, you cannot absolutely skip on the availability of the serrated edges. When it comes to cutting bread, the goal is to cut perfect, crumb less equal slices, without damaging the bread. To achieve that, serrated edges are a must. Not only do they need to be at a particular geometrical angle, but they must also be really sharpened. A good and long-lasting sharpness allows you to dig into the bread without much of a struggle.
You must have noticed bread knives traditionally being much thinner than the usual knives. That shape is for a particular reason, and if you couple that up with a good tapering shape on the blade, you can tackle the toughest or softest pieces of bread with perfect accuracy without having major impact resistance on the knife. If you look hard enough, you might even score one of the bread knives, which also hack into the meat, fruits, vegetables and almost anything consumable.
The blade coming off of the handle does not only render the product practically useless, but it can be very dangerous as well. To prevent that, your knife blade should be well riveted with the handle. If you are not a professional chef, handling heavy knives can get really tricky for you. Therefore, you should go for one product which will be really light in its weight. That gives you much more control over the knife to maneuver it as you prefer, without getting shifted because of the weight.
This last thing goes without saying, you should not compromise when it comes to your blade for anything lesser than stainless steel. Steel makes sure the blade remains rustproof, extending the life of the product. Besides, steel has the right sturdiness so it does not have any chances of breaking off easily. Also, high-quality steel usually used maintains its original sharpness for much longer, so you can do a perfect job every single time.
Cut the bread in beautiful shape and make a proper proportion. The serrated bread knives will ensure that every bite you take is proportionate as well as safe to eat.