Are you looking to install a high-quality dash cam in the truck, but finding it pretty difficult to find the appropriate model? Dash cams are an incredible option that makes sure one can easily see who hits their truck in case of accidents. It can be installed on the dashboard or windshield as per the requirement conveniently.
Many new buyers stay worried about shopping for the right model due to no previous experience. In this post, we are going to tell you about the top 10 best dash cams for truckers to choose from in 2022. Let’s have a look at each model and shop the appropriate one.
- Best Dash Cam for Truckers – A Complete Guide:
- 10. Rexing V1 Wi-Fi Car Dash Cam (best for panoramic views)
- 9. KD Links X1 (best pickup truck dash cam)
- 8. Wheel Witness Dash Cam (best under $150)
- 7. Old Shark Dash Cam (best under $50)
- 6. Itrue X6D Dual Car Dash Cam (best for semi-truck)
- 5. Aukey Dash Cam Camera (best for loop recording)
- 4. Street Guardian SG96665GC v3 Edition (best dual dash cam for truckers)
- 3. Anker Roav Dash Cam (best with high-sensor camera)
- 2. Garmin Dash Cam 35 (runners up)
- 1. Black Box G1W-B Black Bezel Dash Cam (editor’s choice)
- Why should you install a dash cam in your truck?
Best Dash Cam for Truckers – A Complete Guide:
10. Rexing V1 Wi-Fi Car Dash Cam (best for panoramic views)
Do you prefer panoramic views while driving trucks? If yes, then go for the Rexing V1 model that is a pretty awesome model without any doubt. It comes with a great ability to record panoramic views, especially if you are driving in hilly areas.
The main highlight of this unit is its camera that lets the users click high-resolution photos. The presence of a 1080P full HD resolution make sure images don’t distort.
- Perfect for recording in night
- Equipped with G sensor & image sensor
- Solid quality six-layer glass lenses
- Capable of holding memory cards up to 256 GB
- Little bit issues in map
9. KD Links X1 (best pickup truck dash cam)
The next one is an exciting option is this model from KD Links that equipped with GPS technology. There are only positive reviews possessed by this unit primarily among the American truckers. It comes with a great sort of advanced features having a 6-glass lens.
The list of advanced features in the unit includes 165-degree rotation, GPS, 1080 P full HD resolution, and the latest super night vision.
- Amazing night vision ability
- Integrated GPS system
- Pretty solid G-sensor
- Top-notch video quality
- Lose control panel
8. Wheel Witness Dash Cam (best under $150)
The eighth position is accommodated by this model that can be installed pretty easily without any problem. It only requires a plug-in and plays a system for convenient operation. There is a top-quality 6-glass precision lens installed on the system that records videos comfortably.
It is the best dash cam for truckers that come with on the fly zoom function for better zooming. The users can easily see the license plates of other vehicles even at night with its camera.
- Equipped with accident detection technology
- Capable of recording HD & loop recording
- Six precision lens for better performance
- Saves lots of power
- Complaints about Wi-Fi feature
7. Old Shark Dash Cam (best under $50)
If you are looking to shop an exceptionally designed unit at a lower budget, then go for this dash Cam from Old Shark brand. Despite being available at an affordable price, there is no shortage of exciting features in the unit.
It includes emergency lock key, HD recordings, crash detection, and G-sensor technology. Additionally, the zinc alloy shell makes sure the unit for extra protection.
- Capable of detecting collision
- Crafted in a rugged construction
- Ultra HD level night camera performance
- Pretty wide-angle camera
- Little bit difficulties in loop recording
6. Itrue X6D Dual Car Dash Cam (best for semi-truck)
The next unit about which we want to talk about is the Itrue X6D that is created in a highly powerful and compact construction. The main highlight in this product is its night mode that allows the camera to perform exceptionally well. A one-year warranty backs this dash cam against defects.
The installation process gets completed quite easily with the help of 3M adhesive tape. It ensures that you can save time as well as effort during this installation process.
- First-class customer support
- Pretty large LCD screen
- Constructed very uniquely
- First-class customer support
- Rear part has VGA camera
5. Aukey Dash Cam Camera (best for loop recording)
The fifth position in the list is this brilliant dash cam that utilizes the power of the Sony Exmor IMX323 sensor. There is a 1080P resolution provided by the unit that allows the users to record ultimate level loop recording and sharp images. The cam’s coverage is pretty wide thanks to the presence of a 170 ° viewing angle.
This unit is extremely effortless and securely in a matter of minutes. It is an inexpensive model backed by a two-year warranty for the customer’s peace of mind. You will get a complete set of accessories like six cable clips, sticker mount, power cable, 45-day money-back guarantee, user manual, and three 3M stickers.
- Exceptionally easier to mount
- Very affordable to buy
- Capture awesome loop recording
- Capable of clicking clear footage
- Average LCD screen
4. Street Guardian SG96665GC v3 Edition (best dual dash cam for truckers)
Available in six different versions, this easy to set up dash cam is the right choice to make if you are in search of a dual model. It is a fine model that fits perfectly on the truck and records awesome day and night videos. The biggest feature we like in this dash cam is the free desktop software that makes access to these videos easier.
The company delivers this product to the customers after the brief testing phase. On top of that, they offer pretty brilliant customer support for ensuring buyers don’t have a problem at all.
- Memory can be expanded up to 256 GB
- Free software for extra convenience
- Highly positively reviewed unit
- Backed by a brilliant support team
- Very short GPS cord
3. Anker Roav Dash Cam (best with high-sensor camera)
The unit that we can’t resist without adding in the top 3 positions is this incredible model from Anker brand. It fits perfectly near the rearview mirror allowing the camera to record brilliant videos. There are two mounts available for the easy installation process.
Moreover, the people who drive their truck in dark tunnels can record clear cut videos with this unit. It even works perfectly on the low mode allowing the buyers to have a comfortable experience.
- Very useful customer support
- Convenient to install
- Compact construction
- Capable of clicking top-notch images
- Pretty sensitive recording button
2. Garmin Dash Cam 35 (runners up)
Garmin Dash Cam 35 is an exciting option that offers a great variety of benefits to the users. It equipped with many useful warning systems that boost the safety to a different level. Additionally, this best dash cam for truckers comes with incident detection technology for providing protection against collusions.
Furthermore, the presence of 3.0 inches LCD screen allows you to view recorded videos whenever needed. Also, the memory card can be hooked to PC for checking footage at any time.
- Give a variety of warnings
- Brilliant HD video recordings
- Large LCD display
- Click crystal clear photos
- Little bit rebooting issues after some years
1. Black Box G1W-B Black Bezel Dash Cam (editor’s choice)
If any product that deserves to top this list, then it is definitely Black Box G1W-B that only not available at a budget-friendly price, but also has a great list of exciting features. The full 1080P HD recording offered by this exceptional unit can satisfy the needs of buyers comfortably.
It comes with G-sensor that lets the recording begin instantly after braking or rapid acceleration.
- Automatic locking system
- Awesome loop recording ability
- Brilliant LED vision
- Very responsive customer support
- Lack of GPS technology
Why should you install a dash cam in your truck?
Are you still not ensure about whether to install a dash cam in your truck or not? If yes, then allow us to give some genuine reasons to have it below:
- Accident Evidence
Accidents are quite common these days, and the presence of this equipment will ensure you have enough evidence. It ensures you can easily prove it wasn’t your fault at all.
- Reporting Undisciplined drivers
Truckers spend a great sort of time on the road in their daily lives. There is a full possibility that they will encounter many drivers who don’t follow the rules adequately. Having a camera will make sure you can report them to the police easily.
- Protection from wear & tear
You won’t stay in the truck for the whole time. What will do if someone harms it in your absence without any evidence? Having a dashcam will ensure that that your vehicle stays protected from thefts.
- Training or Coaching
Another amazing benefit of having a dashcam is to train new drivers on the road. A great number of institutes use this cam to train their students.
Which is one of these units you are going to shop after following our advice? Our team has performed tremendous research before creating this article. Choosing the best dash cam for truckers is a very important thing to do as it involves your life.
Having this dash cam in your truck will let you save thousands of dollars in the long run. Do you still have a query regarding this equipment? If yes, then post it in the comment section to ensure that our team can answer it precisely. Happy shopping!