A high-quality pull-up bar is a perfect option for having a grueling workout. It allows an individual to perform a great variety of exercises without any need for extra equipment. It is a great investment that both gym owners & homeowners can make. Apart from the upper body, it allows the users to even work on the abs.
However, the real challenge is to find the best free standing pull up bar from plenty of options available in the market. There is a great level of portability provided by a good quality model, but things become a little bit bad when you end up shopping a piece of wrong equipment. Choosing the right one demands lots of things to worry about, but we are here to help you out in this perspective.
We have created a list of top 10 best free standing pull up bars in 2023 after brief testing & research process. Let’s have a look at each one in detail and buy the model that matches your needs perfectly.
- Best Free Standing Pull Up Bars – A Complete Guide:
- 10. One Two Fit Multi-Function Pull Up Bar (best for quick assembly)
- 9. Body Max Champ Fitness Multi-Function (best for proper gripping)
- 8. Sports Royals Power Tower Dip Station (best for a home gym)
- 7. K Kingkang Power Tower Pull Up Bar (best for tight spaces)
- 6. LX Free Power Tower Pull Up Bar Station (best for versatility)
- 5. K Kingkang Power Tower Pull Up Bar (best under $150)
- 4. Lianxin Power Tower Workout Station (best under $150)
- 3. Body Max Pull Up Bar VKR1010 (best for stability)
- 2. Gold’s Gym XR 10.9 Power Tower (runners up)
- 1. Relife Rebuild Your Power Tower (editor’s choice)
- Things to consider while shopping a free standing pull up bar
Best Free Standing Pull Up Bars – A Complete Guide:
10. One Two Fit Multi-Function Pull Up Bar (best for quick assembly)
We will believe the most incredible option for topping the list is this heavy-duty pull-up bar having a steel tube frame. It is a very easy to assemble unit that delivered with a complete set of tools. The One-Two Fit brand has done a solid job by providing a weight capacity of more than 300 pounds. It is a multi-function equipment that can be used for a variety of exercises like dips, knee raise, push-ups, and many more.
Apart from that, performing abdominal muscles and leg muscle exercises is a brilliant thing to do. There are three levels of height that can be adjusted anywhere from 80 to 87 inches conveniently. You will love using this exciting pull-up bar in every manner for sure.
- Equipped with high-density foam grips for extra comfort
- Very quick to assemble & disassemble
- The solid capacity of 330 pounds
- Height adjustment feature
- Complaints about missing tool kits in some cases
9. Body Max Champ Fitness Multi-Function (best for proper gripping)
Do you prefer having complete comfort while doing exercises on the pull-up bar? If yes, then we believe that this model from Body Max is the perfect unit offering multi-station workout to the complete body. There is a dip station working perfectly for trips, whereas leg raise station is excellent for enjoying quads & lower abs.
On top of that, the manufacturer has added slip-resistant foot grips for minimizing the chances of accidents. There are padded back & arm cushions available on the unit for taking comfort to a different level. Overall, this pull up bar is a perfect option to shop for having a brilliant experience.
- Reduces slippage with highly resistant foot grips
- Areas for complete body workout
- Equipped with a highly durable base
- Give multiple grip positions
- Horrible assembly instructions
8. Sports Royals Power Tower Dip Station (best for a home gym)
The people who love to have a gym in your home for exercising at their comfort place can think about buying this station without any further research. It has a pretty superb construction that made using high-quality 14-gauge steel along with impressive finish protecting against scratch. On the other hand, the dip station of this unit can hold up to 400 pounds making it a perfect candidate for long-term use.
There are seven levels of backrest adjustment for giving a top-grade convenient to the users. The buyers will get a one-year warranty on the frame along with a three-month warranty on all types of materials. Overall, it is a perfect unit for installing in your home.
- Provide double stability to the system
- Excellent for extended use
- Crafted in a pretty ergonomic design
- Hassle-free warranty options
- Complaints about flimsiness in steel
7. K Kingkang Power Tower Pull Up Bar (best for tight spaces)
If you have a little bit small place for exercising in-home or gym, then this pulls up bar can solve your needs for sure. It is a highly thrilling model that crafted in such a way there will be no need for too much space for setting up. This multi-function equipment comes with a U style base and very stable construction.
The maximum limit of this unit is 330 pounds that are enough for even an oversized person. The majority of people are happy with the performance of this equipment as it let them use many different exercises like leg push-ups, pull-ups, forearm flexion, etc.
- Very space-saving design
- Solid weight up to 330 pounds
- Perfect for a solid set of exercises
- Non-slip foot sets for safer & stable experience
- Lack of back pad might be an issue
6. LX Free Power Tower Pull Up Bar Station (best for versatility)
Shopping a better pull up bar in terms of durability is a very difficult task due to its amazing dip station & adjustable height system. It is a top-grade unit made from high-quality steel and considered perfect for a variety of bodybuilding exercises that range from chin-ups to pull-ups.
There are six stalls adjustable height system added on the unit for catering the requirements of ages of different ages. It is ergonomically designed to pull up bar having proper back cushion support for minimizing the pressure on the spine. To sum up, we can say that it is one of the best free-standing pull up bars to shopping for sure.
- Easy to understand assembly instructions
- Prevents sports injuries with its back cushion support
- Get adjusted according to the height
- Versatile for various exercises
- Armrest get ripped off
5. K Kingkang Power Tower Pull Up Bar (best under $150)
The fifth position is accommodated by this multi-function pull up bar that only not offer superb stability but also offers complete reliability while exercising. It is designed in a fully ergonomic construction along with proper elbow pads & back cushion. The presence of a U style base ensures that the buyers can enjoy a comfortable experience & required stability.
There are lots of exercises that you can do adequately on this pull-up bar, like bench pressing, pull-ups, abdominal, dips, and many more. It is a professional-quality fitness equipment used by many well-known athletes. This innovative unit is an exciting option to buy for reaching your fitness goals in style.
- Come with U-shaped frame base & top-grade steel frame
- Very little assembly needed for setting this bar
- Solid comfort with the presence of thick cushions
- Completely safe to use
- Arm pads were torn up after use of few months
4. Lianxin Power Tower Workout Station (best under $150)
If you are looking to shop a professional-grade pull-up bar for a professional gym, then there is a need to upgrade your budget. We suggest going for this superb level workout station having a height adjustment system that begins from 6.5 feet & ends up at 7.54 feet. The installation process of this unit is very simple & it gets completed without any need for a special technician.
It has a highly stable structure made using heavy-duty steel that allows the unit to bear heavy weight without any problem. Furthermore, it can be used for a variety of exercises like knee raise, pull-up, dips, etc. Moreover, the manufacturer has crafted it in such a way that it can incorporate many different types of environments. That’s not all; there is also a suction cup anti-slip angle sleeve added by the manufacturer for providing endless stability.
- Equipped with six adjustable height system
- Manufactured with top-grade steel material
- Give liberty to train a variety of body parts
- Very easy to install
- Little bit flimsiness registered by many buyers
3. Body Max Pull Up Bar VKR1010 (best for stability)
The Body Max brand has performed an incredible job on this unit by providing a solid D-frame base for increased stability. The biggest thing about this product is its ability to stay the same even after years of use. There is a very powerful vertical knee raise station attached to the system for trying different exercises. The manufacturer has also added a dip station that can turn out to be a blessing for building triceps.
The presence of a solid lat/ pull up bar makes sure that the users can enjoy shoulders and back exercises with ease. That’s not all, push-up bars are attached to this equipment for training chest muscles along with toning the arms. To sum up, this product is the right option for having a complete body workout.
- Give the option to train the complete body
- Very sturdy & durable construction
- Perfect for increasing body strength
- Deliver enhanced stability
- Little bit costly to shop
2. Gold’s Gym XR 10.9 Power Tower (runners up)
The product that lost the first position by an inch is the XR 10.9 Power Tower that is available to shop at a very decent price range. Despite having a great range of features, this unit doesn’t put any pressure on the pocket that makes it suitable for professional gyms. The main feature of this unit is its solid vertical knee raise station that is a perfect option for working on the abdominal.
That’s not all, the manufacturer has recognized the needs for other body parts by providing a push up, and multi-grip pull up station. There is proper padding done and hand grips for making sure the users feel completely relaxed & convenient while exercising. Apart from that, it has a dip station for training shoulder, chest, and triceps muscles.
- Very affordable to buy
- Manufactured by a reputed brand like Gold’s Gym
- Equipped with proper padding for complete comfort
- Made using exceptional quality material
- Minor complaints about missing hardware in some packages
1. Relife Rebuild Your Power Tower (editor’s choice)
The product that should tops this list of best free standing pull up bars is the Relife Power Tower Station made using top-grade square tubes. It is capable of holding up to 330 pounds and provides impressive stability to the system. There are suction cups on the bottom part that allow the unit to adjust flatness as per the needs.
The manufacturer has tried to keep safety in mind by providing a safety lockout for making sure nut doesn’t fall off during vibration. It is multi-function equipment that allows the users to perform a great variety of exercises like push-ups dips, knee raise, etc. Also, the assembly process is completely easy thanks to the presence of easy to understand instructions.
- Crafted in a very stable construction
- Easy to understand instruction manual
- Manufactured using top-grade square tube
- Impressive weight capacity up to 330 pounds
- Attains rust quite easily
Things to consider while shopping a free standing pull up bar
The pull-up bar that you are looking to shop should be flexible enough to allow you to try a variety of exercises, not just pull-ups. There should be proper areas for training all the body parts.
If you are looking to shop one for the home gym, then a shorter budget under $80-90 will work comfortably as there will be less wear & tear. On the other hand, go for the models costly above US$ 100 if you are going to place it in the professional gym.
The material used for making a pull bar should be of high-quality & capable of lasting for longer years. Try to stay away from the ones available at super low prices and made using cheap material.
A free-standing pull-up bar is a perfect investment that anyone can make for boosting their health. There are lots of models available in the market, but we have identified the best free standing pull up bars for our readers. Choose any of them as per your goals & enjoy a grueling workout!