A wheelchair comes in very handy when you or your loved one is looking for mobility. The wheelchairs allow you to move around on your own or with the help of a caregiver. However, the weight of the wheelchair can be a major concern. A heavy wheelchair can cause utmost discomfort in moving around. In other words, it can obviously restrict your mobility. Hence, the lightweight wheelchairs pose themselves as the best option. Having light yet durable material in their construction, they are lightweight yet robust in all aspects.
Thinking of which one to choose? Well, here we have compiled reviews of ten best lightweight wheelchairs in the market. Read our reviews to make the right choice.
- Best Lightweight Wheelchairs in 2019 Reviews
- 10. Drive Medical Blue Streak Wheelchair
- 9. Medline MDS808210ABE Transport Chair
- 8. NOVA Medical Products Transport Chair
- 7. Drive Medical Cruiser III Wheelchair
- 6. Medline Ultralight Transport Wheelchair
- 5. Roscoe Medical ProBasics Wheelchair
- 4. Karman Healthcare S-305 Wheelchair
- 3. Invacare Tracer SX5 Wheelchair
- 2. Carex Health Brands Transport Wheelchair
- 1. Karman Healthcare Ergonomic Wheelchair
- Key Features:
Best Lightweight Wheelchairs in 2019 Reviews
10. Drive Medical Blue Streak Wheelchair
Drive Medical is a pioneer in the field of Wheelchairs. It continues to produce top quality wheelchairs which never disappoint a single person. This Blue Streak wheelchair is one of their most famous products in the line of light-weight wheelchairs. This light-weight wheelchair is a treat when it comes to pulling the chair or for independence.
You can surely go for this without having to worry about its performance. If you prefer to be self-reliant, then this wheelchair becomes your prime supporter.
- The seat is generously padded with 18-inch nylon. This helps the person sitting on the chair to be at their best comfort.
- The nylon padding on the seat of the wheelchair makes cleaning easy.
- Comes with durable tires with a push lock.
9. Medline MDS808210ABE Transport Chair
Medline is another prestigious company in the business. It has a whole line of wheelchairs in order to cater to the various needs of the people. This particular transport chair has a special design in order to make yourself self-assured. The transport chair is extremely easy to manoeuvre and you can go anywhere in this wheelchair. It indeed has an aluminium construction that will not tolerate any sort of rust.
Most importantly, the wheelchair has robust handbrakes. Therefore, you can easily make use of them without having to stretch uncomfortably.
- Many wheelchairs come with footrests nowadays, but Medline makes sure to add a perk to that. Their footrests are detachable when you prefer.
- A unique feature that Medline offers, in order to improve the safety of your outdoor trip, is that of breaks. These breaks help you to stop in the face of any obstruction.
- Has an impressive 300lbs weight carrying capacity.
8. NOVA Medical Products Transport Chair
NOVA knows how hard doing daily tasks can get for you. Therefore, they make sure to ease out your difficulty as much as possible. This piece of transport chair comes completely assembled in a box. Therefore, you do not have to spend hours trying to get the part into one piece. Moreover, they provide you with the utmost safety step. NOVA wheelchairs come with a safety belt. You do not have to worry about losing your grip on the chair anymore.
This wheelchair comes with two 8-inches front wheels and 12-inches rear rubber wheels. As a matter of fact, you can lock the chair as well as control its movement with the use of locking handbrakes. Thus, you can move freely anywhere without any problem.
- NOVA provides you with two color variations of blue and red.
- An exclusive characteristic of this wheelchair is that of the flip-up arms. When you try to get on your car, you can flip them and climb onto the seat easily without any danger.
- The alumina frame is very lightweight.
7. Drive Medical Cruiser III Wheelchair
Another one of the masterpieces by Drive Medical. This Cruiser III has an upgraded design in many aspects. This piece of innovation allows you the freedom to actually be able to customize your wheelchair in some aspects. For example, you can customize with some back inserts and even some other accessories. Also, style is never absolutely overlooked now. The silver vein finish leaves an attractive look throughout the wheelchair.
Interestingly, the height is of 16-inches and it certainly has inbuilt rail extensions for ultimate support. Finally, the extended upholstery aids infrequent as well as smooth adjustments.
- One great feature of this wheelchair is that it has two separate footrests. The footrests have no link to each other allowing you more freedom to move them.
- You can use the footrests to swing or just keep the feet elevated.
- The dual axle design helps in seamless transition of seat height to a hemi-level.
6. Medline Ultralight Transport Wheelchair
Innovation has a new name with this new Medline wheelchair. Name your requirement, and Medline has it ready for you. With various innovative features and accessories, this wheelchair allows you to completely rely on yourself for hours without much difficulty. This wheelchair is considerably light by at least 40% in comparison to the other wheelchairs in the line of Medline.
Although the wheelchair is extremely light, do not go by it looks. This chair can easily hold up to 300lbs without budging the least bit. With this wheelchair, you can hope for a really comfortable experience.
- It comes with a cup holder that is extremely convenient for placing your cup of drink.
- Although some brands allow for customization, Medline provides you with all benefits without having you to pay anymore.
- The back of the chair has various pockets for storing things.
5. Roscoe Medical ProBasics Wheelchair
If comfort is your main concern, go for this wheelchair without a second thought. Not only does it keep your comfort in mind, but even of the caregiver. The wheelchair provides dual handbrakes which work in harmony with you and your caregiver. Furthermore, it is so light and compact; it can easily fit into a car without much of a struggle.
The seat itself is extremely comfortable. Also, the backrest has a special design to eliminate the risk of having back problems. For increasing the safety factor, it indeed comes with a safety belt for preventing from causing an accident.
- The handles have a very comfortable grip.
- When you do not wish to use the footrest, the product has a special feature to remove them.
- Offers durable nylon upholstery along with seat belt for more safety.
4. Karman Healthcare S-305 Wheelchair
Karman Healthcare puts its prime attention on the comfort of its customers. In designing this wheelchair, they focus mainly on how to provide extra comfort with technical changes. Starting from the seat to the armrest, nothing has been left aside. The seat itself is built in the shape of an S. This provides added ergonomic relaxation throughout your sitting period.
The seat and the backrest have ample cushioning, much more than the traditional wheelchairs. Not only comfort, but hygiene has also been kept in mind during the designing. That is why the seat is completely anti-bacterial.
- A very unique feature of this product is the height adjustment. You can adjust the height of the seat according to your own preference.
- Has a self-weight of only 29 pounds.
- The wheelchair comes with ergonomic hand rims for easy maneuverability.
3. Invacare Tracer SX5 Wheelchair
Significant measures have been taken in order to make sure, you never have to get another wheelchair ever again. Promising to be durable and comfortable, this one is sure to win your heart. The 14-gauge cross braces that come with this wheelchair, especially contribute to the lasting quality of this product.
The footrests are given an upgrade of having composite footplates. It makes sure that the fabric never stretches and loses the firmness. Thus, it continues to provide you with the comfort you need.
- The inner liner on this wheelchair is of the heavy-duty quality.
- The footrests may disappoint you since they cannot hold your feet together often. For that, this product has heel loops. They not only give you support but keeps your feet in place.
- Having the dual emboss upholstery, the wheelchair becomes more durable.
2. Carex Health Brands Transport Wheelchair
If you have been looking for a cost-effective solution for transportation, go for this wheelchair. Though this is inexpensive, there has not been any compromise on the quality of the product. The entire body of the wheelchair is of sturdy steel of the top-notch quality. Being stainless steel, the wheelchair is absolutely rustproof.
This only increases the life span of your wheelchair. Also, the locking system on this wheelchair is very efficient. A simple pull upwards can lock the wheels for safety. Similarly pulling it downwards, you can easily move the wheels again. This helps in safe exchange of seats.
- You can assemble this wheelchair by yourself without any help. The assembling requires no tools and is extremely easy.
- Often the seats are too small for proper accommodation. That is why this product provides you with a spacious 19-inch seat.
- Easy to fold up for seamless storage.
1. Karman Healthcare Ergonomic Wheelchair
The Karman Healthcare line is known for producing extremely light-weight and ergonomic products. This certainly does not fail to meet the standards. The product allows you an important choice between a fixed axle and a quick-release axle. An essential decision to determine your personal comfort.
Moreover, if tires in a wheelchair suddenly give up, then it can become a nightmare. With this product, you can avoid the whole problem. The tires are absolutely flat-free and have high-grade material. Like the other Karman product, it does not fail in the other requirements as well. The heel loop,
- The entire wheelchair can fold into a compact size. This helps in easy storage when the wheelchair is not in use.
- The secret behind the ultralight 19-pound wheelchair is the material that it uses for its body. Karman uses Aircraft grade T6 Aluminum for the body.
- It comes with an S-shape seating frame.
No more of restriction or limitation to travel to places as these wheelchairs redefines convenience. Now, visit every place that you want to and think less about flexibility!