Popcorn is one of the favorite snacks among the people of all generations. No matter, you just something quick to eat or there is a need to eat during the movie, popcorn is the right option to choose. The most appropriate option for cooking them is the popcorn maker that is available in a variety of models. However, the immense choice available in the market has confused the mind of buyers.
We are here to help readers in making the right choice and the same thing is followed here. There is a list of top 10 best popcorn makers in 2020 that are created after an extended research process. Let’s have a look at every model and then decide the one you find the most appropriate.
- List of Best Popcorn Makers Review
- 10. M-Master Popcorn Machine (best under $30)
- 9. Dash Dapp 150V2RD04 Popcorn Maker (best for impressive colors)
- 8. Hamilton Beach Popcorn Popper (best for capacity)
- 7. Great Northern Popcorn Popper (best stainless steel popcorn maker)
- 6. Cuisinart CPM-100MR Hot Air Popcorn Maker (best for easy use)
- 5. Presto 04821 (best air popper)
- 4. Colonel Popper Popcorn Maker (best under $20)
- 3. West Bend 82505 Popcorn Popper Machine (best electric popcorn maker)
- 2. Hotpop Microwave Popcorn Maker (runners up)
- 1. Salbree Original Silicone Popcorn Maker (editor’s choice)
- How to choose the best popcorn maker?
- What are the major types of popcorn makers?
List of Best Popcorn Makers Review
10. M-Master Popcorn Machine (best under $30)
The list is going to be started with an exceptionally modern product designed by the M-Master brand. It uses a hot air popping method that helps the users save money that usually spent on buying the oil. A fresh cup of popcorn is possible in minimal time if you choose to shop for this extraordinary model.
The only downside of shopping this unit is the high price that you have to spend on buying it. Other than that, the unique wind channel present in the unit provides consistent hot air to the system for ensuring tasty popcorn.
- Convenient one-touch operation
- Cooks in less than 3 minutes
- Equipped with unique wind channel
- Very easy to store
- Costs hard to the pocket
9. Dash Dapp 150V2RD04 Popcorn Maker (best for impressive colors)
The ninth position is accommodated by this Dash Dapp model that not offer impressive popcorn cooking experience but also available in pretty beautiful colors. You can shop it in colors like red, grey, aqua, and white. Each of these designs is quite brilliant and looks appealing in the kitchen.
This multi-functional device can cook up to 16 cups of fresh popcorn without any need for oil. If you follow the advice of our experts, then we will suggest that it is an excellent choice for a college dorm, first apartment, RV traveling, and many more.
- Available in four beautiful colors
- Very quick and easy cooking operation
- Ideal for large group parties
- Crafted in a compact design
- Little bit louder operation
8. Hamilton Beach Popcorn Popper (best for capacity)
Do you have a large family who likes to enjoy popcorns during parties or watching movies together? If your answer is yes, then this model from Hamilton Beach is the right choice to make. With a capacity of 20 cups, this unit is all you need for completing cooking jobs effortlessly.
There are motorized bar sticks kernels present in the unit that result in fluffy popping once they get heats up. Overall, it is one of the most brilliant options to cook popcorn that doesn’t ask for too much cleaning thanks to the non-stick surface.
- The solid capacity of 20 cups
- Equipped with a non-stick surface
- Quick heating system
- Convenient to clean
- Some may don’t like the quick popping
7. Great Northern Popcorn Popper (best stainless steel popcorn maker)
Many buyers prefer to have products with stainless steel and the same goes for the popcorn maker. We have added this model from the Great Northern brand to help such buyers to shop the right option. It is a very positively reviewed unit that can cook nearly 5 quarts of popcorn in less than two minutes.
Also, the cleaning is quite easier as all you need is wiping with a paper towel once the cooking job gets finished. No one can question its position in the list of best popcorn makers due to dependability and quality offered to the buyers.
- Highly brilliant spinner stirring mechanism
- Quality stainless steel construction
- Cooks popcorns instantly
- Solid wood handles and knobs
- Slightly expensive popper to shop
6. Cuisinart CPM-100MR Hot Air Popcorn Maker (best for easy use)
The sixth position is accommodated by CPM-100 MR that considered perfect for beginners. This product from Cuisinart has 1,500 Watts of power and works without any use of oil. You need less than 3 minutes to cook up to 10 cups of popcorn quite easily.
It is available to shop in four beautiful colors like metallic red, pink, white, and red. This machine has removable parts that are completely safe for the dishwasher. There is also a place for cord storage that makes things convenient.
- Equipped with cord storage area
- Cooks ten cups of popcorn in nearly three minutes
- Doesn’t need oil to cook
- Very easy to use
- Bad customer service reputation
5. Presto 04821 (best air popper)
The next one is one of the most selling air poppers that manufactured from a brand like Presto. This product is always reviewed positively by the customer’s thanks to its quality construction and good performance. The biggest unique thing about this unit is its healthy cooking system that uses hot air and works without oil.
You can cook more than two large bowls of popcorn with this machine in less than three minutes that is quite wonderful. The majorities of buyers are very happy with this unit and only give praise on the internet. So, the people who are extra cautious about health should choose this option for sure.
- Works very quickly
- No need for oil or butter
- Very lightweight construction
- Low rate of unpopped kernels
- Doesn’t come with switch for on/off
4. Colonel Popper Popcorn Maker (best under $20)
Available in a variety of colors, this transparent unit is made without using BPA at all. It is a brilliant unit having solid durability that anyone would prefer in their popcorn maker. You can shop it in colors like fresh mint, colonel red, neon green, gray, and blue. This durable and eco-friendly model is perfectly safe to use in the long run.
The biggest thing we like about this unit is its easy storage that fits perfectly in a college dorm or RV camper. It has the ability to cook up to 14 cups of popcorn that is enough if you have organized a party in your house. It is easy to grab handles attached to the unit that ensures the users can mix the popcorn perfectly.
- Work with all types of popcorn kernels
- Transparent construction
- Free from any harmful substance
- Easy to hold while cooking
- Lots of complaints about missing instruction manual
3. West Bend 82505 Popcorn Popper Machine (best electric popcorn maker)
If you are looking to shop the popcorn maker that works on the electricity, then invest money in West Bend 82505. It is available in two different variants, named deluxe and standard. The plate installed in the unit has a nonstick coating that results in making cooking mess-free.
Apart from that, the main feature of this unit is a highly convenient lid that makes it beneficial for individuals with small space. Another unique thing that we love here is the motorized stir road for easier popping.
- Easy to clean nonstick plate
- Perfect for small areas
- Equipped with vented clear cover
- Very quick operation
- Slightly expensive option to shop
2. Hotpop Microwave Popcorn Maker (runners up)
The next one is a popular choice from Hotpop brand that available in a user-friendly design. It is a superb product having a collapsible bowl for convenient making. There is combined design technology used by the manufacturer to make things innovative.
It is one of the best popcorn makers available to shop in more than 10 different colors like red, light blue, transparent purple, red, and many more. There are no toxic materials used for making this unit to keep the health of buyers in mind.
- Cook popcorns in less than 5 minutes
- Very convenient to use
- Chemical-free construction
- Very simple to use
- Spelling errors in the instruction manual
1. Salbree Original Silicone Popcorn Maker (editor’s choice)
The most convincing model that we want to suggest to readers is this silicone popcorn maker from the Salbree brand. It comes with easy to grab handles that ensure you find it convenient to cook popcorns. It is completely safe to use in the microwave that can be very helpful for the buyers
Cleaning this equipment is very easier so you won’t have to worry about the mess. You can shop it in a variety of colors like red, gray, aqua, lime, magenta, black, and green among others. The complete unit is made from BPA free material that ensures the safety of users to a greater extent.
- Compatible with all types of microwaves
- Sold in more than 18 different colors
- Crafted in a space-saving design
- Beginner-friendly use
- Complaints about a strong chemical smell in some pieces
How to choose the best popcorn maker?
There are a variety of factors responsible for the purchase of a popcorn maker. Many people find it hard to check all of them, but we strongly suggest doing so. Our team has created a list of things that needs to be checked in the popcorn maker below:
The foremost feature to check is the size of the popcorn maker as it should fit in your kitchen cabinet or any place where you are going to kept it. The hot air popper and microwave poppers are the right options for people with limited space. On the other hand, the large models are appropriate for kitchens with bigger space.
The next thing to check is the capacity of the popcorn maker as it decides what amount can be cooked in it. It is strongly advised to go for as larger capacity as possible so that you can cook a greater amount in a single serving.
- Ease of Cleaning
The main issue that people have to face is with cleaning once cooking gets finished. The model you shop should be created in such a way that cleaning becomes easier and convenient.
- Cooking Method
There are many different methods to cook popcorn, and each one offers benefits as well as disadvantages. Everyone has their cooking style, so it is important to find a model that matches your needs adequately.
A popcorn maker is a low-cost unit, but it is appropriate that you should keep the budget in mind. A good model can easily found under $20, but you can find the luxury popcorn maker at little but extra price. Follow how much your pocket allows and shop according to that.
What are the major types of popcorn makers?
- Stevetop Popcorn Popper
Also popular as hand crank stirrer, it has a pot that comes with a stove. There is a crank and stir rod attached for the movement of kernels during the popping process.
- Hot Air Popcorn Maker
It is the electric version that utilizes hot air instead of oil for popping up the kernels. The main reason people buy this model is its low calories.
- Microwave Popcorn Popper
This type of poppers is compatible with cooking in the microwave. It is considered the easiest option to cook popcorn and takes a few minutes to complete.
That’s all; we want to talk about this equipment using which you can easily cook delicious popcorn. Our team has tried to make things easier for readers by providing the list of best popcorn makers along with buying guides following which they can easily make a choice.
If you have a query or still having any difficulty in choosing the right one, please write in the comment section. We will respond to it as quickly as possible.