Modern days have equipped us with innovative formulations such as gels, creams and foams, which were not used by our forefathers. Today’s generation may find outdated to use soap for shaving, but trust it is still a good and successful option. The soaps are handmade and are of high quality depending upon the brand you select. It contains ingredients which moisture and smooth skin. It allows easy gliding of razor smoothing giving a clean shave. If you have the habit of shaving alternate days, use an exfoliator to avoid razor bumps. Here is the list of best shaving soaps of 2018
- List of Top 10 Best Shaving Soaps in 2018
- 1. Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Soap
- 2. Proraso Shaving Soap in a Bowl
- 3. Henry Cavendish Himalaya Shaving Soap
- 4. Col. Conk Shave Soap
- 5. Lather & Wood Shaving Soap
- 6. Sir Hare Shaving Soap for Men
- 7. RazoRock Mudder Focker Shaving Soap
- 8. D.R. Harris Shaving Soap
- 9. The Blades Grim Shaving Soap
- 10. Van Der Hagen Men’s Luxury Scented Soap
List of Top 10 Best Shaving Soaps in 2018
1. Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Soap
Taylor of Old Bond Street gives you the best refreshing morning with fragrance of lavender and sandalwood. It is composed of sandalwood, cedar, rosemary and lavender. It gives good lather with few drops of water and moisturizes the beard.
- Appealing fragrance of lavender infused with sandalwood.
- Gives good lather
- Can be used in people with skin acne
- The Shaving Soaps comes with a bowl to produce lather
- The soap dries quickly
- Chances of razor bumps are high
- Not suitable on dry skin.
2. Proraso Shaving Soap in a Bowl
Proraso Shaving Soap is composed of eucalyptus and menthol which gives refreshing and cooling sensation. It produces rich lather which helps in getting clear shave without any cuts or bruises. It is free of paraben, silicone, mineral oil and artificial colors. There are no animal products used in the formulation. Botanical extracts and natural oils present in Proraso Shaving Soap protect the skin and prevent irritation.
- Produces lather immediately
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- The Shaving Soaps Produces less lather
- No added fragrance
3. Henry Cavendish Himalaya Shaving Soap
This shaving soap produces rich lather which does not dry quickly. It lubricates the razor for a smooth comfortable shave. It is composed of Shea Butter & Coconut Oil. Shea butter smoothens the skin and moisturizes. This also helps in preventing drying and irritation of the skin. It is free of artificial color and fragrance. It comes in a bigger size which can be adjusted by microwaving for few minutes.
- 100% natural product
- Do not cause irritation
- Shea butter smoothens the skin
- Remains moistened for a long time
- Mild long-lasting fragrance
- The Shaving Soaps size is big does not fit into all shaving bowl
- Little fragrance
4. Col. Conk Shave Soap
This made in USA product is of good quality unlike the commonly available made in China product. The soap comes in a plastic cup, so you may not need a bowl to make the lather, but it is advisable to have a bowl to make the rich lather.
- Each pack contains 4 different fragrances, you can select depending upon your mood
- Produces rich and thick lather
- Useful for wet shaving with a brush
- The quality of the shave is not great
- Does not give fragrance aftershave
5. Lather & Wood Shaving Soap
This soap lasts for a long period of time and hence it an economical option. It is useful in wet shaving and can be used any shaving brush. It is composed of Shea butter, tallow and sandalwood. The soap moisturizes the skin and can be used with any type of blade.
- Contains ingredients which give skin smooth texture
- The soap is handmade in small batches, hence product is of high quality
- Pleasant misty sandalwood fragrance
- The Shaving Soaps is economical as it lasts longer
- Lather produced is not much, so chances of nicks and cuts are high
- May irritate the skin
6. Sir Hare Shaving Soap for Men
Sir Hare is all natural product with old-fashioned barbershop scent. The soap is composed of tallow which produces lather and also lubricates the razor. It gives you the closest shave ever. The soap comes in a case with a waterproof label.
- 100% natural ingredients
- Moisturize and protect your skin
- Prevents irritation
- Requires more efforts to get desired lather
- Leaves residue on the shaving blade
7. RazoRock Mudder Focker Shaving Soap
This shaving soap is enriched with thermal mud and is sticky. The smell of the soap is more like Traditional Italian. The shave leaves the skin smooth and refresh. This soap is soft and gives good amount of lather.
- It moisturizes the skin
- Razor blade glides on the skin softly
- All natural ingredients
- It is expensive
- The Shaving Soaps acceptance of fragrance depends on the individuals choice
- It can be too creamy and bubbly
8. D.R. Harris Shaving Soap
Windsor Shaving Soap produces more lather, maybe 3 times more than its competitors. It is made of handmade wooden bowl which is attractive and durable
- Comes in a number of fragrances
- The Shaving Soaps is sticky allowing close neat shave
- Produces rich lather
- Difficult to carry from one place to the other
9. The Blades Grim Shaving Soap
The Blades Grim Shaving Soap is one among the few handmade products which are available in the market. You can feel the scent of Tonka bean, anise and coriander, which gives a wood smoke scent. The lather produced with this soap is soft and thick.
- Nice fragrance
- The Shaving Soaps gives soft and smooth shave
- The quality of leather is not the same after every session
10. Van Der Hagen Men’s Luxury Scented Soap
The product is hypoallergenic in nature and contains about 10% of glycerine. The soap softens the beard allowing easy movement of razor onto the skin. The product is vegetable based.
- Lathers quickly
- Good scent