Are you one of those people who often visit to go on outdoor trips? If yes, then you will be fully aware of the value of tools that help in making such trips successful. One of the most useful products in such scenarios is the best throw flashlights that can brighten a completely dark area. Many people believe that they are the same as a normal flashlight, but it isn’t a reality at all.
There is a great difference between the two as the throw flashlight mainly used for survival, self-protection, and tactical works. We often receive requests from readers about which is the right model to invest your money in. If you are feeling in the same issue, then this post is all you need to read. Here, we are going to provide all the necessary information regarding this equipment that will help in making the selection process convenient.
At this platform, our team has made proper research and testing for creating a list of the top 10 best throw flashlights available to buy in 2022. Each unit is added after an extended testing process allowing you easily purchase without any confusion. Let’s have a look at it all and buy the one that suits your needs adequately.
- List of Best Throw Flashlights Review
- 10. Acebeam T27 XHP35 (best long-range throw flashlight)
- 9. TrustFire T62 LED Tactical Flashlight
- 8. Sofirn C8G Tactical Flashlight
- 7. Wowtac A4 V2 Ultra-Thrower Flashlight (best camping throw flashlight)
- 6. Fenix PD36R Tactical Flashlight (best for quick charging)
- 5. MalloMe Tactical LED Flashlight (best for zoomable focus)
- 4. J5 Tactical V1-Pro Flashlight (best compact throw flashlight)
- 3. Cree XP-L LED Rechargeable Flashlight (best for color selection)
- 2. GearLight LED Tactical Flashlight S1000 (editor’s choice)
- 1. Anker Rechargeable Bolder LC90 (runners up)
- How we have tested the best throw flashlights?
List of Best Throw Flashlights Review
10. Acebeam T27 XHP35 (best long-range throw flashlight)
Are you looking for a long-range throw flashlight that works brilliantly for an extended area? If yes, then you should buy the T27 XHP35 that only not have a large capacity, but also come with different modes for brightening the area according to the need.
It is a large capacity unit that can give you soli sort of runtimes quite amazingly. Overall, we are happy to say that you are going to love its performance and even recommend it to people in your circle.
- Available in two beautiful colors
- Give liberty to choose from 5 modes
- Equipped with integrated charging micro USB port
- Covers a very longer area
- Construction could have been a little bit better
9. TrustFire T62 LED Tactical Flashlight
The TrustFire T62 is a high-quality tactical flashlight that can run up to 64 hours at the medium mode of 190 lumens. The manufacturer has used a CREE XHP70.2 that allows them to provide an intense brightness up to 430 meters. It comes with an enlarged contact area making it convenient to wear with gloves.
It is ideal for a variety of activities like search & rescue, camping, and hiking. The IPX8 waterproof rating allows the users to submerge it for up to 2 minutes for nearly 30 minutes.
- Come with lots of different modes
- A perfect option for outdoor activities
- Incredible battery life
- Awesome after-sales service
- Issues about burning smell in many cases
8. Sofirn C8G Tactical Flashlight
This extraordinary and top-quality unit is capable to light up a complete foot field. The Sofirn C8G has a very superior runtime thanks to its 4,000 mAh battery despite being a super affordable product. The package delivered with a variety of things like a USB charging cable, a flashlight, a manual, and a battery.
It is based on advanced temperature regulation technology letting it beat the heat without any problem. Changing modes is quite easy thanks to the tail switch located on the unit.
- Delivered with easy to understand instructions
- Stay protected under 2 meters of water for half an hour
- Equipped with reverse polarity protection
- Available at a good price
- The color temperature gets unnatural many times
7. Wowtac A4 V2 Ultra-Thrower Flashlight (best camping throw flashlight)
The seventh position is deserved by this ultra thrower flashlight that campers and hikers can buy without any second thought. You buy it in two different colors like neutral white and cool white for extra choice during shopping. It is capable to cover nearly 1,864 feet of area that is great in every sense.
If we talk about battery power, then we will say it is extraordinary thanks to the 5,000 mAh battery. There is a variety of modes available in the unit making sure everyone can have the desired level of lights.
- Capable to adapt to all types of weather conditions
- Deliver with lots of accessories
- Create highly intense lighting
- Incredible battery life
- Switch on/off switch is very hard
6. Fenix PD36R Tactical Flashlight (best for quick charging)
If you prefer that the flashlight should get charged quickly, then this pick is all we suggest to make thanks to its 4-hour charging system. It ensures you can focus more on other things during trekking or camping instead of recharging the battery.
The main highlight of this unit is the tail switch that activates momentary tactical lighting instantly. It is a brilliant package that delivered with easy to carry cable case along with an extra battery.
- Awesome battery life
- Incredible 1,600 Lumens battery output
- Capable to provide instant power with tail switch
- Delivered with carrying case for extra convenience
- Very expensive throw flashlight to buy
5. MalloMe Tactical LED Flashlight (best for zoomable focus)
The fifth position is accommodated by this model from MalloMe brand known for its remarkable zoomable abilities. It is a combo light that can work as both spotlights as well as a floodlight. This impressive unit can easily cover a distance of up to 600 meters with ease through the spotlight, whereas its floodlight can work with an output of nearly 500 lumens.
On top of that, there are five different light modes along with three brightness levels giving you the liberty to set the brightness according to the needs. It is a wonderfully durability-tested unit that can last for many years to come.
- Capable to cover more than 600 feet
- Fully resistant to corrosion
- Solid rechargeable battery life
- Zoomable light ability
- Doesn’t come with a battery & charging cable
4. J5 Tactical V1-Pro Flashlight (best compact throw flashlight)
If you looking to shop for a compactly designed flashlight available to shop at affordable prices, then our team will happily bet on the V1-Pro. It is very small in size and capable to give brightness up to the level of 300 lumens. The company sells it in five different variants giving extra choice to the shoppers.
It offers perfect value to the money with complete peace of mind. The manufacturer delivers it with a 100% satisfaction warranty allowing you to enjoy a comfortable experience in the long run.
- Available in five different variants
- Lasts long for many years
- Give liberty to adjust focus
- Available to shop at a very decent price
- Low brightness level might be an issue for shoppers
3. Cree XP-L LED Rechargeable Flashlight (best for color selection)
Many buyers are quite choosy about the colors when it comes to shopping. The Cree XP-L is perfect for such buyers thanks to its availability in three colors like black, grey, and gold. It is an easy-to-use unit crafted in the aluminum body along with a stainless steel switch for extra convenience.
It can last nearly 500 hours on a single charge if used in the 8 lumens firefly mode. Recharging this unit is quite easy thanks to the integrated micro-USB port and USB cable.
- Available in three beautiful colors
- Manufactured using high-quality stainless steel & aluminum
- Solid battery life up to 500 hours
- Extremely convenient to use
- The battery lasts for a few hours in the higher mode
2. GearLight LED Tactical Flashlight S1000 (editor’s choice)
The topper for the list is this ultra-bright and long-lasting model that is capable to focus on objects even from a distance of 1,000 meters. If we compare it with traditional incandescent light, then we will say it offers nearly 10 times better brightness.
It is a compact & adjustable focus model having five different models making this unit ideal for activities like camping. The manufacturer has built it for rough handling making sure food drops doesn’t damage the unit.
- Fully water-resistant construction
- Provide light up to 1,000 feet
- Equipped with five useful brightness settings
- Backed by one-year no questions warranty
- The strobe function is slightly difficult to access
1. Anker Rechargeable Bolder LC90 (runners up)
The runner-up is this super bright light that is capable to cover nearly two football fields quite easily. The LC90 is a very reliable product that delivers a high-quality rechargeable 3,350 mAh battery for exceptional performance. The lifespan of this unit can be extended by 50,000 hours that is pretty extraordinary.
It is one of the best throw flashlights whose battery only needs less than 6 hours to get fully recharged. This unit is crafted in a smart design with compact chassis and anti-slip finish for better durability. Also, it is backed by 18 months warranty that proves the company care for the customers.
- Backed by IPX5 water resistance
- Very durable & reliable construction
- Backed by 18 months warranty
- Solid lifespan up to 50000 hours
- Get heated in few cases after some hours of use
How we have tested the best throw flashlights?
There are lots of potential factors that need to be checked carefully before finally choosing a throw flashlight. There are very few people who put any attention on them that result in costing badly in the end. We want to ensure that our readers don’t make the same mistake and that’s why our team has created a list of those factors in detail below:
- Beam Distance
These types of lights are classified according to the beam distance. There is a thumb rule that the longer this distance will be, the better flashlight will perform. It all depends on how far light you want before diminishing.
In the case of throw lights, there is a need for a longer and wider beam. All the models mentioned in the post equipped with this feature to ensure you can make a great selection.
The next thing to check in the throw flashlight is its lumen output that ranges from 200 Lumens and moves even more than 1500 lumens in the case of throw flashlights.
As you have already seen, our team has mentioned models that come with multiple lighting modes making sure the buyers can set the brightness according to their needs.
- Battery Life
The next critical part played in the selection of throw flashlights is its battery life. It varies from one product to another depending on the size of the battery.
Understanding their working by knowing about the names will be difficult for an average user and that’s why we have mentioned different models having battery life ranging from 6 hours to 100 hours and even more.
Another thing while the selection of this equipment needs to be considered is its price. You can get a good quality flashlight anywhere between US$ 20 & US$ 200 depending on the size and performance.
The thing you need to do is checking all of them and investing money in the one that perfectly matches your budget. Please don’t spend more than you can afford as every model mentioned here is capable to perform exceptionally.
There is a great number of brands that have begun manufacturing throw flashlights over the years. Some are durable while others aren’t. Hopefully, this list of best throw flashlights has assisted you in making the right decision. If there is still something you believe we have missed in this post, please write about it in the comment section. All the queries regarding throw flashlights are welcomed at our platform.