A digital pen is the modern way of writing that allows the users to capture a drawing or note digitally. It looks like a traditional pen, but capable of doing amazing things. This equipment is an excellent device for artists who want to use the latest technology for creating notes and designs. The immense variety of digital pens makes it tougher to find a perfect one.
For easing your tension, we have created a list of top 10 best digital pens in 2021. Our team has research products of various brands and tested nearly 20 items before writing this report. So, you will only get authentic information in this post that allows you to choose the perfect one easily.
- List of Best Digital Pens Review on Amazon
- 10. Livescribe Aegir Smart Pen (best for beautiful design)
- 9. Equil Smartpen 2 (best under $200)
- 8. Livescribe 4 GB Echo Smart Pen (best for audio recording)
- 7. IrisNotes Executive Digital Pen (best for portability)
- 6. Livescribe 3 Smartpen (best under $150)
- 5. Neo Smartpen N2 (editor’s choice)
- 4. Huion Professional Wireless Digital Pen (best for drawing)
- 3. Wacom Bamboo Folio Digital Ballpoint Pen (best all-rounder unit)
- 2. Active Stylus Digital Pen (best for comfort)
- 1. Evach Active Stylus Digital Pen (best budget-friendly digital pen)
- How to choose the right digital pen?
List of Best Digital Pens Review on Amazon
10. Livescribe Aegir Smart Pen (best for beautiful design)
Many of our readers may be looking for a product that not only perform well but also look beautiful in terms of design. If you are looking for the same, then go for this model from Lovescribe that can digitalize your notes in no time.
You can share notes in a great variety of formats like PDF, image, word, text, etc. Also, this efficient product is capable of detecting more than 20 languages. Overall, it has all the features that needed to make a digital pen capable of being the part of this list.
- Constructed in a very beautiful design
- Capable of storing up to 1,200 pages
- Quick sync with devices
- Some complaints about a glitch in the pen
9. Equil Smartpen 2 (best under $200)
The eight positions in this list are held by a brilliant product manufactured by Luidia Inc. brand. Its name is Equil Smartpen 2 is capable of capturing drawings, notes, diagrams, and many other things adequately. Furthermore, it doesn’t need any special ink to complete this work.
You can easily transfer the captured data to your system and even cloud to make further editing. Also, there is a memory of 4GB that is brilliant for a normal individual.
- Work with standard ink
- Manufactured with a brilliant build
- Transfer data quickly to other devices
- Customer support needs improvement
8. Livescribe 4 GB Echo Smart Pen (best for audio recording)
Equipped with a redesigned body and memory of 4 GB, this model manufactured by Livescribe brand can record more than 800 hours of audio. You can share records & notes through both online and offline means with this digital pen.
The company has added a standard 3.5 mm audio jack and a micro USB connector that the users can enjoy hearing their favorite files using earbuds and transfer notes to PC respectively. It is a superb product that you can buy even with closed eyes for audio recordings.
- Provide rubberized smaller grip
- Transfer notes become easier than ever
- Work brilliantly with Echo smart app
- Too costly considering its features
7. IrisNotes Executive Digital Pen (best for portability)
Capable of detecting up to 26 languages, this unit known among the audience for its high portability. It comes with an intelligent recognition function that instantly finds which language it is. Additionally, a brand like IRIS USA has manufactured this product that eliminates all worries about quality.
This highly portable device has the ability to identify a variety of handwritten notes. Overall, it is a superb unit to buy for having a perfect experience.
- Capable of detecting plenty of languages
- Equip with intelligent recognition feature
- Very beautiful design
- Some software issue
6. Livescribe 3 Smartpen (best under $150)
The unit that deserves the second position in our testing process is Livescribe 3 that can create accurate digital copies of your notes. It can be connected with both iOS and Android using Bluetooth feature.
It can fit in the pocket of people who have a little bit extended budgets and don’t require audio recording feature. This unit is one of the most accurate smartpens that you can find in the market.
- Quick connection with smartphone
- Extremely easier to use & control
- Incredible accuracy for drawings & writing
- Extra thicker when compared with other digital pens
5. Neo Smartpen N2 (editor’s choice)
If you want to find a product that performs in all areas, then N2 Smartpen can be an ideal choice to make. It can work with its exclusive Neo Notes app that syncs the words written by the user on paper to mobile. These digitally handwritten notes are extremely easy to save & share.
This pen equips with a thick aluminum body that offers the perfect grip and looks pretty sleek. Additionally, the pen turns on automatically when it comes in contact with a paper.
- Solid memory to store up to 1,000 pages
- Save notes automatically through Google Drive
- Available in two beautiful colors
- Complaints about the company’s customer service
4. Huion Professional Wireless Digital Pen (best for drawing)
Specially manufactured for creating a drawing, this Huion digital pen can be shopped at a very affordable price. It has a beautiful construction that available in two colors- black & white. You will get a package having a removal tool, a digital pen, one instruction sheet, and four pen nibs.
This amazing product is available with a one-year warranty so you won’t have to worry about authenticity. It is a perfect piece that you can buy for creating a neat & clean drawing.
- Very easy & comfortable to use
- Provide brilliant pen pressure
- Available at an affordable price
- Pretty basic features
3. Wacom Bamboo Folio Digital Ballpoint Pen (best all-rounder unit)
This top-grade pen can work on all types of paper that make the writing process convenient and better. The Wacom digital ballpoint pen equips proprietary EMR technology along with a self-inking pen. It is manufactured by a company in two different variants.
You can enjoy a pretty smoother writing experience after buying this unit. We ensure that this product won’t create any problem for the users.
- Available at an affordable price
- Can be bought in two different variants
- Compatible with all types of papers
- Software need upgrade
2. Active Stylus Digital Pen (best for comfort)
If comfort is the main thing that matters, then you can think about a brilliant shopping product from Active Stylus brand. It has dual nib practical construction ensuring a realistic feeling to the users. Also, the unit stays protected from fingerprints and scratches thanks to its sensitive fiber mesh.
Additionally, it has a power-saving feature due to which the users can enjoy 15 hours usage with only 1.5 hour of charge. Also, it gets automatically off after 5 minutes of non-activity.
- Provide pretty wider compatibility
- Very beautifully designed stylus
- Save great power
- Little bit difficulties with iPad
1. Evach Active Stylus Digital Pen (best budget-friendly digital pen)
This model manufactured by Evach Active brand for individuals who want to buy a digital pen at an affordable price. It is a fine and stylish unit that writes & draws smoothly. Besides that, you will find it is fully compatible with the majority of touch screen devices.
We believe it is one of the best digital pens not only due to price but also with its built-in battery that offers 8 hours of life in a single charge. Also, it gets charged completely within an hour.
- Provide accurate point control
- Very affordable pick
- Awesome compatibility & battery life
- Palm rejection need some improvement
How to choose the right digital pen?
As we all know, not all the models of digital pens are good, and it is important you know about things needed to be checked. To ensure you end up buying the best digital pens, you have to check the following characteristics:
Many buyers needed add-on features in a digital pen along with its ability to capture words. Some need an audio feature, whereas other needs it to detect certain languages. So, whatever extra need you have, please double check it and then make your choice.
You should be specific about your budget as the digital pens can be bought even for less than US$ 20 and its price goes up to US$ 500. However, you should be a smart customer and opt for a product that fits in your budget and matches your needs.
The battery of the digital pen you are buying should be at least 8 hours so that you get enough backup for completing your work. Also, it shouldn’t take too much time to get charged fully. Keep a look at both of these perspectives carefully before buying the pen.
The digital pen you are buying should be capable of getting connected with a range of devices so that the data can be transferred easily. The number of devices it gets connected, the more convenient you will find it.
A digital pen is a tremendous invention of technology that makes the process of writing and drawing very easier. However, you should don’t trap any other product and go for the perfect one. Our team has founded the best digital pens after a lengthy process so you can choose any of them with ease. We believe you will have a wonderful experience with the product you bought following our advice.