Engine oil is the heart of motorcycle that helps in transmission, lubrication, and cooling of the combustion engine. That’s why it is important to choose the oil that keeps your bike in an ideal condition. However, finding high-quality engine oil for the bike isn’t an easier task as there are hundreds of brands claiming to be the best. With a motive to help our readers, we have created a list of top 10 best motorcycle oils in 2019. You can buy one that suits your bike’s requirements and budget carefully.
- List of Best Motorcycle Oils Review on Amazon
- 10. Polaris 2877883 OEM VES Full Synthetic Oil (best for cold weather)
- 9. Lucas Oil 10702 PK6 High Performance Synthetic Motorcycle Oil
- 8. Castrol 06130 Actevo Synthetic 4T Motorcycle Oil
- 7. Red Line RED42504 Motorcycle Oil (Best for V-Twin engines)
- 6. Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic Oil (Best for the improved economy)
- 5. Royal Purple 06315-6PK Motorcycle Oil (Best for wet clutch transmission)
- 4. Motul 7100 Synthetic Oil 4T
- 3. YamaLube All Purpose Four Stroke Oil (Best for touring)
- 2. Castrol 06112 Power Synthetic Motorcycle Oil (Best for transmission)
- 1. Mobil 1 96936 Twin Synthetic Motorcycle Motor Oil (Editor’s Choice)
- How to choose the best motorcycle oils?
List of Best Motorcycle Oils Review on Amazon
10. Polaris 2877883 OEM VES Full Synthetic Oil (best for cold weather)
Approved for providing enhanced engine protection, this oil manufactured by Polaris brand is a cool choice to make. It is specially formulated to work in the cold weather and make engine starting easier. Using this oil will provide greater protection to your engine from rust and corrosion.
The price of this product may be a little bit higher, but the results are quite amazing to enjoy. It is fully synthetic oil that comes with top-class load carrying abilities.
- Perfect option for cold weather
- Provide better engine protection
- Equip with rust and corrosion inhibitor
- Price on the higher side
9. Lucas Oil 10702 PK6 High Performance Synthetic Motorcycle Oil
The ninth position in the list of best motorcycle oils is held by the Lucas Oil 10702 that made from high-quality material. It helps in lowering the oil temperature of the engine if it runs continuously for long hours. This oil has a pretty long life when compared with other products in this price range.
Despite being priced affordably, the company hasn’t comprised in the quality perspective. They have added only high-quality ingredients in this oil that minimizes leaks and reduces noise. If you are a little bit low on the budget, then this oil is a perfect option to buy.
- Help in reducing engine noise
- Last longer than others in this price range
- Sold at a very awesome price
- Not available in 10w40 version
8. Castrol 06130 Actevo Synthetic 4T Motorcycle Oil
It is one of the best motorcycle oils that come with an extensive formula for protecting the engine from wear and tear. The Castrol 06130 is perfect for fuel injected and carburetor engines. The ingredients present in this oil cling with the engine components that offer a great layer of protection.
There is amazing thermal stability delivered by this oil for providing increased protection and resistance. It is partly synthetic oil that matches the standards of API SL and JASO MA-2. Overall, we find it an excellent choice that you can make for your bike engine.
- Provide complete protection against carbon deposits
- Based on clinging action that reduces wear up to 70%
- Deliver superior thermal stability
- Not a completely synthetic oil
7. Red Line RED42504 Motorcycle Oil (Best for V-Twin engines)
This motorcycle oil created by the Red Line brand, especially for the latest V-twin engines. So if you are an owner of bikes with high-performance engines, then this oil is a perfect option to choose. It has passed all the JASO MA standards and available in a great range of viscosity.
A suitable level of zinc and phosphorus added by the company in this oil that helps in improving the engine performance. Also, the company has mixed a special type of modifiers used in this oil that makes it fully compatible with wet-clutches. Furthermore, it has extended drain intervals when compared to other brands in the list.
- Assist in minimizing noise
- Fully compatible with V-twins and sports bikes
- Equip with anti-wear technology
- Not an ideal option for lightweight engines
6. Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic Oil (Best for the improved economy)
If you are having issues with the economy rate of your engine, then consider about using this amazing synthetic oil manufactured by Shell Rotella brand. The company sells it in a pack of 3 that make this oil a pretty affordable option. This oil comes with multi-functional dispersant additives that not protect the engine from impurities, but also boost the fuel economy.
On top of that, this conventional oil based on the low-ash formula that protects the engine from exhausts poisoning to a greater extent. In addition to that, it resists the breakdown caused by the heat for offering great protection to the engine.
- Provide amazing fuel economy
- Assist in maintaining vehicle emission compliance
- Complete protection against harmful engine
- Packaging needs to be improved.
5. Royal Purple 06315-6PK Motorcycle Oil (Best for wet clutch transmission)
The next position in our list held by this amazing motorcycle oil sold by the Royal Purple brand. It is an exceptional option for bikes that demand wet clutch transmission. This fully synthetic motorcycle certified by JASO MA2 and meets all the API viscosity standards.
It is manufactured using specially formulated highly film strength addictive technology that allows the bike to perform better in wet areas. On top of that, this oil equipped with shear stability that ensures superior performance and excellent protection. Overall, it is perfectly formulated oil that provides top-class oxidation resistance for a better life of the engine.
- Ideal for keeping the engine cooler
- Specially formulated for racing bikes
- Minimize slipping during the transmission
- Price is pretty higher when compared with others
4. Motul 7100 Synthetic Oil 4T
If you are looking for proper engine refinement, then it is best motorcycle oil to buy. Putting this oil in the engine will make the gear shifting easier with almost no pressure on the lever. This engine oil certified by the American Petroleum Institute for its purity and smoother operation.
The Motul 7100 made using ester technology that makes the engine response better than the ever. Also, the gearbox gets protected due to its proprietary extreme pressure formula. Furthermore, it also comes with the low sulfur & phosphorous formula for providing the much-needed protection to the bikes that come with catalytic converters.
- Perfect for bikes with catalytic converters
- Approved by the American Petroleum Institute
- Provide excellent acceleration and high speed
- None of them
3. YamaLube All Purpose Four Stroke Oil (Best for touring)
This semi-synthetic oil includes a blend of ultra-clean additives and mineral oil that make it a suitable option for touring bikes. The YamaLube oil is capable of creating a perfect balance of heat during the transmission process for the excellent running of the vehicle.
It is an excellent mineral oil that known to offer amazing clutch performance and strength so that the engine stays protected from impurities to a greater extent. The Yamaha brand manufactures this genuine motorcycle oil.
- Created to last long
- Made using high-quality additives
- Available at an affordable rate
- Oil has a very thick texture
2. Castrol 06112 Power Synthetic Motorcycle Oil (Best for transmission)
Made by Castrol brand who don’t need any introduction, this oil is an affordable option that will give you some greater improvements in the engine transmission. It offers excellent longevity and available in two different variants, i.e., 10w40 & 20w50. Despite being one of the best motorcycle oils, this product available at a very budget-friendly price.
The company has designed this synthetic motorcycle oil especially for riders who prefer exhilaration while riding. It goes through plenty of testing before finally packed in bottles by the company. Your bike will be successful in tacking the changes in viscosity by having this oil in its engine. Overall, it is a perfectly designed oil for all the 4-stroke motorcycles.
- Approved from API SL & JASO MA-2
- Provide excellent transmission
- Available at an affordable price
- Oil leakage can occur if gaskets not placed adequately
1. Mobil 1 96936 Twin Synthetic Motorcycle Motor Oil (Editor’s Choice)
This refreshing and high-quality motorcycle oil manufactured by the Mobil brand which has a very positive reputation in the market. You can give awesome lubrication to the engine using this oil to achieve maximum horsepower. It made from top-notch material that allows the oil to withstand against the extreme temperature.
If you are one of those people, who ride a bike for longer hours, then finding a better oil than this one will almost be an impossible task. It is made using synthetic base oil technology that keeps the engine cool without putting any stress. Overall, it is a perfect choice for completely smoother acceleration and transmission of the bike’s engine.
- Protect the engine from impurities
- Capable of withstanding against hot temperature
- Provide exceptionally smoother transmission
- Price is higher when compared with other brands
How to choose the best motorcycle oils?
There are three types of motorcycle oils, and we have explained about all of them in detail below:
Fully synthetic oil:
They are the purest form of oil and contain pretty fewer impurities. Also, the life of this oil is better than the others. However, they sold at a high price.
The semi-synthetic oil made using high-performance and non-conventional fluid additives along with the conventional engine oil. It is a perfect option for 125-180 cc bikes.
It is low-quality oil that made from petroleum products. It is best to choose semi or fully synthetic oil instead of mineral oil if you want to keep your bike’s engine in better condition.
All of the products mentioned in this list of best motorcycle oils are exciting options to go. You can choose any of them according to your budget and requirements. If you have a question about this post, tell us in the comment section. check out best bluetooth motorcycle helmet