10 Best Hanging Tree Tents in 2022
A night or two in the great wilderness that brings families and couples together with few distractions other than the great spectacle of nature. Stories shared around a campfire, meals cooked the original way. Counting stars and listening to the soothing soundtrack of the woods. Few activities make for enduring memories as camping. What makes camping more enjoyable is a hanging tent that can shelter you and your loved ones from the vagaries of nature. When we put together our 10 Best Hanging Tree Tents in 2022, our focus was on functionality, versatility, and ease of use. After all, you can’t be expected to have options in the middle of the wilderness because your tent isn’t what it promised to be.
The list also places the utmost importance on safety and child-friendliness. The tents we have selected are all made of materials that can withstand the rigors of the weather but are also non-toxic and safe. The hanging tents are also easy to set up, requiring no extra effort or professional help as those are the last things one can expect to have while camping. The recommended 10 Best Hanging Tree Tents in 2022 are also colorful and warm and they will look picture-perfect in the camping photographs and videos you will treasure.
- The Best Hanging Tree Tents in 2022
- 10. 2 Person Portable Connect Tree Tent from Tentsile
- 9. Children’s Hanging Tree Tent House from OrangeA
- 8. 3 Person Family Tree House from Tentsile
- 7. Waterproof Hammock and Tree Tent for Kids from TopEva
- 6. 2 Person Flite Plus Backpacking Tree House Tent from Tentsile
- 5. Camping Waterproof Tent for Kids from Happy Pie Play & Adventure
- 4. Hanging Tree Tent with LED Lights for Families from Gartio
- 3. Family BluPod Standalone Hanging Tent with Steel Stands from Sportspower
- 2. Hanging Tent Hangout from HearthSong
- 1. Elevated Lightweight Triangle Tree Tent from Skysurf
The Best Hanging Tree Tents in 2022
10. 2 Person Portable Connect Tree Tent from Tentsile
The first entrant on our list comes from a trusted name in hanging tents. The 2 Person Portable Connect Tree Tent from Tentsile is designed for couples to enjoy the wilderness. It’s spacious, strong, and needs to be tied to just three trees instead of the usual four, saving you a lot of hassle. The hanging tent keeps insects out and protects you from the weather. But if the weather is dry, you can just use the insect net and soak in the splendor of the night sky. The tent can be easily stored and carried and it has internal compartments for you to keep your phones or tablets safely.
- Strong fabric
- Only needs three points to be tied
- Pockets inside to store your valuables
- Some users find it to be heavy
9. Children’s Hanging Tree Tent House from OrangeA
Forts are so last century, individual hanging tents for children are in. The Children’s Hanging Tree Tent House from OrangeA is what will get not only your kids but those in the neighborhood talking about how fun you and your family are. With a high ceiling, three windows and a door, the tent is spacious and roomy, while strong enough to carry the weight of up to 3 kids at the same time. What will get the kids excited though, are the LED lights inside. The tent is also easy to carry and pack. A comfortable, safe, enclosed, and fun hammock for kids. That’s the hanging tree tent for you.
- 3 windows
- Spacious inside
- LED lights inside
- For installation, professionals may be required
8. 3 Person Family Tree House from Tentsile
The Stingray series never ceases to surprise us with their innovations. The latest, the 3 Person Family Tree House from Tentsile, is created not for solo trekkers or couples but families. It can accommodate either 3 adults or a small family and is spacious enough to hold all the essentials too. The treehouse is equipped with 4 doors for easy entry and exit. The construct ensures that it will stay clear of the ground so that nothing will disturb your sound sleep. The mesh keeps insects out, and on a clear day with no precipitation, you can remove the top layer for a glorious view of the sky.
- Spacious for a small family
- 4 doors
- Good ground clearance
- Some users are unhappy with the mesh
7. Waterproof Hammock and Tree Tent for Kids from TopEva
Once you get this, your kids may want to use them even when they are indoors. That’s because the Waterproof Hammock and Tree Tent for Kids from TopEva is a highly comfortable cocoon and playhouse designed for kids to have fun. Well-built to carry the weight of up to 3 children, the tree tent is waterproof, thereby alleviating any worries of your little ones getting drenched in the rain. Structured like a small fort, the tent comes with a high ceiling and can be pushed like a swing. With LED lights and its compact shape, you will likely use it indoors too.
- Spacious for 3 kids
- High ceiling
- Waterproof material
- Lights may not last long
6. 2 Person Flite Plus Backpacking Tree House Tent from Tentsile
One of the most highly-rated tents in our list isn’t just made for one-off camping trips or overnight stays in a park. The 2 Person Flite Plus Backpacking Tree House Tent from Tentsile is built to be a backpacker’s buddy through challenging terrains and uncertain weather conditions. The ratchets are smaller and the set up is a breeze even if you are in a hurry. 2 people can easily fit into this spacious tent that also offers individual sleeping areas for a trouble-free nap. The rainfly is made from waterproof material and the structure of the tent makes it positioned well above the ground. This lightweight of a tent is a must-have for trekkers and backpackers.
- Sturdy and compact
- Smaller ratchets
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Durability is a concern for some
5. Camping Waterproof Tent for Kids from Happy Pie Play & Adventure
When children have too many artificial forms of entertainment vying for their attention, it’s good to have something that’s both simple and engaging. The Backyard and Camping Waterproof Tent for Kids from Happy Pie Play & Adventure can be used while camping, in your backyard or indoors. With a strong frame and large door, the tent stands out from the clutter with its ability to block the harmful UV rays of the sun. The LED lights inside will give you children more reasons to stay in it.
- Blocks UV rays
- Waterproof material
- Comes with LED lights
- Some users believe that it’s not completely waterproof
4. Hanging Tree Tent with LED Lights for Families from Gartio
Some tree tents make you uncomfortable when you sit in them for a long period. But with the Hanging Tree Tent with LED Lights for Families from Gartio, those discomforts will be a thing of the past as it’s ergonomically designed for both adults and kids to sit and lie for longer durations. That’s primarily because of the curved, inflatable seat in the tent. The Oxford fabric the tent uses is waterproof and can block the harmful rays of the sun. The tent comes in 4 playful colors and with the LED lights inside, it will be a playhouse for your kids for a long time.
- Ergonomic design for maximum comfort
- 4 colors
- LED lights make it lively
- Requires some expertise to set it up
3. Family BluPod Standalone Hanging Tent with Steel Stands from Sportspower
As we get to the top of our 10 Best Hanging Tree Tents in 2022, it’s time to bring in a product that questions the basic assumptions of the category. Like, who needs trees or other external support for a hanging tent? The Family BluPod Standalone Hanging Tent with Steel Stands from Sportspower can be set up anywhere, be it your backyard or living room. Extremely strong and durable, the tent has enough space for a small family, with LED lights and bands for play.
- Doesn’t need outside support to be set up
- The stands are made of top-grade steel
- Long-lasting fabric
- Some parents have complained about the quality of the webbing
2. Hanging Tent Hangout from HearthSong
It is strong, in fact, almost double as strong as some in the category. It’s portable and it’s easy to set up. It’s the Hanging Tent Hangout from HearthSong, a favorite of children and families. This is a location-neutral hanging tent. You can use it in your home, in your backyard, out in the park, or just take it out for a birthday party for your kid and their friends to have some fun. All you have to do is find a hook to hang the tent. That’s it, that’s all it takes.
- Sturdy and strong material
- Exceptionally easy to set up
- The tent comes with colorful LED lights
- The tent doesn’t have a cushion
1. Elevated Lightweight Triangle Tree Tent from Skysurf
This is how tree tents were supposed to be. Elegantly simple in its idea and supremely functional in its execution. The Elevated Lightweight Triangle Tree Tent from Skysurf is a backpacker’s dream product that can be easily carried and set up. It has space and strength to accommodate two people and their accessories and comes with sufficient ground clearance. The mesh keeps insects and bugs out, while the strong straps keep the tent in place. This is a tent that you can use day after day without worrying about its durability.
- Strong and durable fabric
- High above the ground
- Ideal for long usage
- Not big enough for families
A hanging tent is where memories are made. It’s the enclosure that brings families together. With the options listed in our 10 Best Hanging Tree Tents in 2022, you will realize that you don’t even have to venture into the wild to enjoy the comforts of a hanging tent. You can have all the fun, for you and your partner or your children, in your backyard itself.