Do you want to buy a high-quality air compressor that exceeds your expectations in terms of portability? Having such a powerful tool will be helpful in a variety of things that range from filling tires to supplying divers and even powering HVAC control systems. However, finding the best portable air compressor isn’t an easy task considering the number of options available to shop in the market.
In this post, we are going to talk about this equipment in detail along with telling the top models available to shop in the market. Have a look at the complete post, and we believe that you end up buying the perfect unit.
We are here for helping the community by making sure that our readers end up making perfect choices. There is a variety of models in the market for confusing the mind of buyers. Our team has spent nearly 50 hours on researching the process to create this list of top 10 best portable air compressors in 2020 for helping the community. Let’s have a look at all the models and shop the appropriate one.
- List of Best Portable Air Compressors Review on Amazon
- 10. Kensun Kensun Portable Air Compressor Inflator (best for durability)
- 9. California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S (best under $150)
- 8. Dewalt Pancake DWFP55126 Air Compressor (best for efficiency)
- 7. Kobalt 120v Air Compressor Inflator (best budget-friendly pick)
- 6. Ryobi P731 (best portable tire inflator)
- 5. Makita 2.5 HP Air Compressor (best for quiet operation)
- 4. Dewalt DCC2560T1 (best lightweight portable air compressor)
- 3. Viair 400P Portable Compressor (best under $200)
- 2. Audew Portable Air Compressor (runners up)
- 1. Porter-Cable C2002 Pancake Compressor (editor’s choice)
- How to choose the right portable air compressor?
List of Best Portable Air Compressors Review on Amazon
10. Kensun Kensun Portable Air Compressor Inflator (best for durability)
The list will begin with this thrilling product that is highly capable of tackling tough challenges. It is compatible with both AC as well as DC plugs adding extra convenience.
There is a great set of needles and chucks delivered in the package by the company to ensure that different equipment can be inflated.
Moreover, you will get a two-year warranty on the product that turns out to be very handy in case of defects from the manufacturing end.
- LED screen for pressure display
- Delivered with variety of needles
- Work up to 30 minutes on a single charge
- Not as quick as other options in the list
9. California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S (best under $150)
California Air Tools has always involved in the manufacturing of innovative products and this model proves their class. The CAT-1P1060S is a very lightweight unit come with a maximum pressure of 120 PSI that isn’t bad for the price you are paying.
It is backed by a one-year warranty that makes sure you can return the compressor if there are manufacturing defects. You will see the unit only produces a noise of 56 decibels that is ultra-quiet.
Transportation of this powerful system is quite easier thanks to the low weight of fewer than 30 pounds. In simple words, you are going to love everything about this top-level unit.
- Very quieter operation
- Friendly for the pocket
- Extremely lightweight construction
- Flow rate needs improvement
8. Dewalt Pancake DWFP55126 Air Compressor (best for efficiency)
A great number of buyers look for efficiency while shopping for the air compressor, and we understand that there can be lots of reasons. Our team has added this model for tackling the needs of such buyers.
The Dewalt DWFP55126 is a highly efficient model having a 165 max PSI gallon tank. You can easily inflate and deflate tires with this compressor even in the cold weather.
Investing money in this product will bring a solid air compressor to your home at a reasonable price. It produces very minimal noise considering the power of the unit.
- Instant start-up even in harshly cold weather
- Equipped with a high-quality flow regulator
- Work without creating much noise
- Dewalt customer support definitely needs improvement
7. Kobalt 120v Air Compressor Inflator (best budget-friendly pick)
Are you looking to shop a unit that can perform exceptionally well, but available at a budget-friendly price? If yes, then buy the Kobalt model that has a perfect sizing for fitting in your vehicle. It is compatible with both 12-volt power and 120-volt standard outlet for convenience of buyers.
The manufacturer delivers the unit with a complete set of accessories like two raft nozzles, one Presta valve adapter, and two sports needles. It ensures you don’t have to shop too many accessories separately after buying this model.
Our testing phase shows that it is one of the best portable air compressors that work on completely quiet operation. Overall, we will be happy to say this perfectly crafted model that you can shop without paying too much money.
- Work with both AC & DC power outlets
- Deliver with a great set of accessories
- Super cheap option to buy
- Relatively shorter cords
6. Ryobi P731 (best portable tire inflator)
Backed by three years limited warranty, the Ryobi P731 is a perfect unit that you can shop for completing the filling process quickly. The manufacturer specifically develops it for inflating and deflating tires without too much effort.
There is a stow-away area added in the unit that holds nozzles for making sure different kinds of sports equipment can be inflated. You will have an LCD screen for checking out the pressure.
This relatively fast compressor is a perfect option for individuals who prefer to complete their job at a quick rate. The operation of this unit is quite easier due to push buttons located on the top.
- Very compact & lightweight design
- Delivered with an high-volume hose
- Pressure set according to needs
- Battery drains out pretty quickly
5. Makita 2.5 HP Air Compressor (best for quiet operation)
If you are looking to shop a top-notch model that almost creates no noise, then shop this product from Makita brand. It is an industrial level air compressor that produces pretty low noise along with boosting productivity.
There are amazing copper finned discharge tubing added to the unit that prevents heating even after operating unit for long hours.
Additionally, the presence of high-quality cast iron cylinder boosts the life of the product along with boosting the longevity of the pump. Also, the maintenance process of this unit is quite easier and can be completed without too much effort.
- The highly solid outer body
- Solid motor for quick operation
- Noise-free operation
- Lots of complaints about missing oil filler in the package
4. Dewalt DCC2560T1 (best lightweight portable air compressor)
The fourth position is accommodated by this lightweight model that is very convenient to use even you have no previous experience. The Dewalt DCC2560T1 model has a very solid battery life that lasts for up to five tires quite easily on a single charge.
It has a 79 dB operational noise level that makes sure none of the people in the surroundings gets disturbed at all.
The manufacturer has used top components for making this high-quality kit. Other than that, the presence of a three-year warranty ensures the buyers don’t feel any second thought while shopping for this unit.
- Highly durable to buy
- Backed by a three-year warranty
- Very lightweight construction
- Smaller tank than many other models
3. Viair 400P Portable Compressor (best under $200)
It is one of the topmost picks that the readers can make after reading this post. The Viair 400P is a flexible and portable device that works even perfect for the larger and heavy-duty works.
This exceptional model can inflate even a large tire in 4-5 minutes thanks to the availability of consistent pressure. We believe that it is enough for completing basic household and emergency tasks.
The company delivers it with a premium carry bag along with an anti-vibration tray for boosting the convenience of buyers.
- Equipped with a solid quality battery
- Quick & convenient operation
- Perfect for roadside emergencies
- Very pricey option to shop
2. Audew Portable Air Compressor (runners up)
The next option is from Audew brand that lets you perform a variety of tasks at a very budget-friendly price. You need to hook it right into the cigarette socket of the car and perform the filling task.
The users can inflate a great number of tires that include ones installed in ATVs, trucks, bikes, motorcycles, RVs, and many more. It comes with a bright LED light that makes sure you can easily work in dark environments.
That’s not all; there is an auto shut-off feature that prevents the tire from getting over-inflated. Furthermore, the presence of a one-touch switch makes things easier for users.
- Very convenient to use
- Pocket-friendly option
- Compatible with most of the tires
- Outer casing made from average material
1. Porter-Cable C2002 Pancake Compressor (editor’s choice)
The most convincing and useful model for topping the list is the Porter-Cable C2002 that fits perfectly in the car. It is easy to move compressor that comes with a six-gallon air tank and a maximum capacity of 150 PSI.
You won’t face any problem with this model even if there is extremely cold weather outside. Furthermore, the unit can also work for bigger projects with the help of an extension cord.
Also, there is a 13-piece accessory kit that boosts the adaptability of the unit. Overall, it is an efficient model that can work for a variety of tires and power tools.
- Heavy-duty compressor for better performance
- Solid PSI capacity
- Extension cord for multi-site projects
- Minor complaints about switch failure
How to choose the right portable air compressor?
There are many important factors needed to be considered before you buy a portable air compressor. Look at them in detail below:
The level of noise greatly affects the purchasing of this equipment as no one prefers getting disturbed in today’s world. For that purpose, go for models with low noise levels that ensure you can do work without troubling others.
- Design & Portability
The machine you are shopping should be designed in such it fits your area, whether it is a car or any location in your home. Also, it should come with handles so that carrying becomes easier.
The third most important thing to consider is the power of the compressor you are shopping. Here, you need to look at the PSI and CFM performance carefully. PSI should be at least 120 or 150 if possible. On the other hand, CFM is less important than PSI, but it should be at least 100 for ensuring that you can perform the job quickly.
- Power Sources
If you follow our advice, then go for the models that work with both AC and DC outlets. It will add the extra level of convenience while inflating tires during emergencies.
What are the advantages of having a portable air compressor?
A greater number of people believe that there is no need to invest money in this equipment when the basic air compressor is available at a lower price. However, the portable units work differently and provide plenty of useful benefits to the users. Have a look at the major benefits of a portable air compressor that we have mentioned below:
- Effortless air filling
This kind of equipment can do wonders in case of a flat tire on the road. Some work with batteries while others get powered using a car’s DC plug. It ensures that you have tackle emergencies on the road adequately.
- Household work
Air Powered compressor can turn out to be very handy in a variety of household works. It can be used for working on the roof or nailing guns in the home.
- Quiet & Convenient Operations
A quality air compressor performs its job quietly without disturbing other people at all.
We have presented the list of our favorite options in front of you. Which one of these best portable air compressors have you chosen after following our advice? Do you want to share some valuable information regarding this equipment with us and fellow-readers? Write all your queries and suggestions in the comment section now!