A tool vest is a useful product for individuals who consistently have to work with tools. It is available in a variety of designs and capable of accommodating a range of tools at the same time. There are multiple pouches in the best tool vests that turn out to be a blessing for many people. It includes professionals like carpenter, woodworker, technician, electrician, and mechanic among others. No matter, you are working in the construction industry or perform carpeting, this thing can be very useful for you.
The reason behind even the experts suggests using a tool vest is its ability to keep the tool accessible while working. It also eliminates the chances of losing small tools. However, the path to find a quality model isn’t an easier task considering the number of companies available in the market. You can see everyone claim their product to be perfect and better than the others. The issue is which one can really work as per their claims. If you are going through the same confusion, then this article needs your strong attention.
Here, we have done in-depth research about different options available to shop and tested the major ones. After spending nearly 50 hours, we have succeeded in creating a list of the 10 best tool vests available to shop in 2020.
- List of Best Tool Vests Review
- 10. Dickies Workshop Bib Apron (best for large body professionals)
- 9. Under NY Sky Tool Apron (best canvas tool vest)
- 8. Sweety House General Hardware Vest (best for an electrician)
- 7. Bucket Boss Duckwear SuperBib Work Apron (best 16 pocket tool vest)
- 6. Blaklader Kangaroo Mesh Vest (best lightweight tool vest)
- 5. Occidental Leather 2580 (best leather tool vest)
- 4. No Cry Heavy Duty Work Apron (best budget-friendly pick)
- 3. Holmes 10-3530-MHBLK Workwear Tool Vest
- 2. JK Safety 9 Pockets Safety Vest (runners up)
- 1. NoCry Heavy Duty Work Apron (editor’s choice)
- How have we tested the best tool vests?
List of Best Tool Vests Review
Let’s have a look at every mentioned model and choose the one that suits your requirements adequately.
10. Dickies Workshop Bib Apron (best for large body professionals)
The list will start up with this bib apron that is perfect for professionals having a large body frame. It has superb reinforced edges and an exceptional adjustability system.
Available in two colors, there are 16 pockets of various sizes in the apron for accommodating a solid set of tools. The belt adjustability makes sure men with waist up to 52 inches can easily wear this vest.
- Top-quality canvas construction
- Equipped with reinforced edges for wear & tear protection
- Constructed using a variety of different pockets
- Give a solid level of versatility
- Get flimsy after some use in few cases
9. Under NY Sky Tool Apron (best canvas tool vest)
We can’t complete the list of best tool vests without mentioning the name of this apron made from the top-quality apron. It comes with 18 pockets where you can keep a variety of stuff quite easily.
It has quick-release buckles making sure you can easily put on the vest without facing any issue.
- Made using oxford quality canvas
- Crafted in a reinforced design
- Capable of holding all sizes of tools
- Decently priced tool vest
- Chest pockets are small to keep mobile phones
8. Sweety House General Hardware Vest (best for an electrician)
The next kit is specially created for electricians looking for a quality tool vest. It has a variety of compartments for keeping different kinds of stuff quite conveniently.
The presence of air mesh material ensures proper airflow along with proper absorption of sweat that is quite common in the case of electric work.
- Capable of holding sharp tools securely
- Absorb sweat properly
- The shoulder strap can be adjusted quickly
- Provide superb portability
- The high price might be an issue for some
7. Bucket Boss Duckwear SuperBib Work Apron (best 16 pocket tool vest)
The buyers looking for a 16 pocket vest can think about investing in this model from the Bucket Boss company. It is available in beautiful brown construction with padded shoulder straps.
The company has used top-quality canvas material for giving the required level of sturdiness and durability to the system.
- Equipped with quick-release buckle
- Super durable canvas construction
- A great number of pockets
- Waist can be adjusted using quick release buckle
- Bottom part tear out after few months of use
6. Blaklader Kangaroo Mesh Vest (best lightweight tool vest)
The sixth option is accommodated by this superb mesh vest that made from a solid combination of polyester and cotton. It has a lightweight and durable construction making sure you have a low burden on the shoulder.
The presence of double zipping ensures you can put the vest quite easily and quickly. It has a solid number of pockets and compartments for making sure you can keep all the tools adequately.
- Give a very snug & comfortable fit
- Capable of securing items rightfully
- Extra convenient to use
- Highly compact & lightweight construction
- Mobile pocket is very poorly designed
5. Occidental Leather 2580 (best leather tool vest)
The next option is made for individuals looking to shop a quality tool vest made from leather. There is a long list of commendable features that make it a very worthy purchase to make.
It comes with a wide leather belt for boosting the efficiency of the work. Also, the manufacturer has added Dri-Lex lining for giving high dexterity to the users.
- Provide superb shoulder support
- Quick to connect & disconnect
- Equipped with proper Dri-lex lining
- Made from top-notch leather
- Too expensive to buy
4. No Cry Heavy Duty Work Apron (best budget-friendly pick)
This one is an ideal option for individuals looking for a tool vest that can offer comfort all day. It has more than 25 pockets of different sizes for keeping a variety of tools. There are very wider shoulder pads attached to the vest for ensuring that the movement never gets restricted.
It is manufactured using a high-quality canvas that offers waterproof backing. The company has provided it an adjustable design giving a perfect fit to the users.
- Useful for a variety of applications
- Crafted using top-quality material
- Crafted in an advanced design
- Super affordable to buy
- Bottom pockets are harder to reach
3. Holmes 10-3530-MHBLK Workwear Tool Vest
The third position is deserved by this tool vest that may cost slightly more, but the experience & durability offered to make it a top-notch option to buy. It has to mesh back that assists in making airflow better for extreme comfort. The reflective material on the shoulder is very useful for increasing visibility.
The manufacturer has used top-quality polyester material for ensuring that it can tackle the rough use. Other amazing features of this unit are a breathable mesh back, removable tool pouch, and tape measure holder slot.
- Designed for convenient access
- Plenty of useful features
- Give proper ventilation
- The pouch can be removed as per requirement
- Not a cheaper buy to make
2. JK Safety 9 Pockets Safety Vest (runners up)
Available in four different sizes, this safety vest from the JK brand is an effective purchase to make. It has very visibility and 360° reflectivity for the better convenience of the users. There are nine multi-functional pockets added to the unit for making sure you can keep a variety of things.
We believe that this unit can work for a solid number of applications like railway construction, emergency respondent, construction, etc. Also, it comes with a natural ventilation system for keeping the body cool.
- Compatible with ANSI & ISEA 107
- Perfect for keeping daily utility things
- Compatible for a variety of applications
- Very convenient to use
- Snaggy edges might be an issue for some
1. NoCry Heavy Duty Work Apron (editor’s choice)
There can’t be a better option for wearing all day to keep all the tools handy. It has 26 pockets of different sizes for ensuring that tools of all sizes can be easily accommodated. The company has provided double stitching to add the required level of durability for long-lasting use.
There is superb level waterproof backing provided to the unit with its canvas construction. The presence of adjustable design makes it an ideal fit for a variety of professionals like carpenters, woodworkers, etc.
- Compatible with a variety of mechanical works
- Crafted in an adjustable design
- Made using top-quality material
- Work for both men and women
- Little bit complaints about hammer loop
How have we tested the best tool vests?
If you talk about a perfect tool vest, then we will say there is a need to check a variety of things in it. Making random purchases won’t work in this case because it involves the safety of your tools. Our team has checked each of these features to ensure that we end up finding the perfect models. Have a look at factors affecting the purchase of tool vest below:
Fit & Adjustability
The main thing to check in the tool vest is to ensure that it fits with your waist without giving uncomfortable feeling. A loose-fitting vest can also be dangerous while working with heavy items. The thing you need to ensure is the vest you shop should give a perfect fit to the waist and can be adjusted quite easily.
This list has different models with varying sizes and shapes for making sure buyers can pick the ideal one as per their comfort level.
The second essential factor in caring while buying a tool vest is what kind of material used for manufacturing it. We suggest choosing the models made from tough material free from any kind of debris. Try to select the ones having thick double lining material for better protection.
All the models mentioned here are durable and capable enough to fulfill the needs of buyers for many years to come.
Comfort & Balance
The next thing you should always ensure while buying a tool vest is it should give a perfect balance and balance to the body. It shouldn’t cause any kind of pain or strain in the back or neck. Having a balanced tool will assist in eliminating the stress on the back and make things comfortable for the users.
Our expert team has checked the comfort and balance factor carefully to ensure the buyers end up selecting the right model.
Safety is the next priority that should be offered by the tool vest you choose. There should be reflective strips for boosting visibility if you are working on the roadside or construction area. However, you don’t have to worry about this feature while working in the home.
Each model mentioned in the post is tested carefully for safety because we never compromise with this factor with any of the products we suggest to the buyers.
Number of Pockets
Another thing you have to consider carefully is the number of pockets. It differs from one person to another according to their work. For instance, a woodworker will definitely need more pockets than a normal DIY user. You should choose the model having the right number of pockets meeting your needs adequately.
To minimize confusion, we have added models with a varying number of pockets. It ensures everyone ends up with a quality product with the right amount of pockets.
The last important factor that you should understand carefully while selecting a tool vest is what kind of budget you want to spend on it. See, there is no need to invest money in a costly model if you are only a DIY user. Only buy heavy-duty models when you have to do professional work.
The list has options in a solid number of price ranges, so please make a choice appropriately by listening to your pocket.
A tool vest is a very useful thing for everyone who works consistently with the tools. Selecting the right model is very important because it can affect effectiveness to a greater level. The best tool vests that we have presented are capable of serving the needs of buyers adequately. The only thing you need to do here is selecting the one that perfectly matches your needs.
All the questions regarding the tool vests are welcomed in the comment section. Our team will answer them at the earliest to make sure readers can have a pleasant shopping.