Every individual tries to protect their land. Whether you have a large land or a small garden, you need to take good care of it. If you are growing something in your land, the stray animals can pose a serious threat. Also, if you live near the forest, you will have to be extra careful to protect your livestock from predators. Thus, you need to install an electric fence charger around your land. However, these need occasional charging. Well, in that case, you need to opt for an electric fence charger. These chargers allow you to easily charge your fence and keep your land secure.
Confused about what to pick for your piece of land? We have put down an electric fence charger comparison so that you have to do no other work. Read the reviews to get the best product.
- List of Best Electric Fence Chargers Review
- 10. StafixElectric Fence Charger
- 9. Briidea Electric Fence Charger
- 8. Patriot PE2 Electric Fence Energizer
- 7. Parmak MARK8 Electric Fence Charger
- 6. Gallagher M1500 Electric Fence Charger
- 5. Fi-Shock Electric Fence Energizer
- 4. Zareba EAC25MZ Electric Fence Charger
- 3. Fi-Shock ESP2M Electric Fence Charger
- 2. Parmak MAG12 Electric Fence Charger
- 1. ZarebaESP10M-Z Electric Fence Charger
- What other measures should you take after buying an electric fence charger?
- How to choose an eco-friendly electric fence charger?
- Why is low impedance better for an electric fence charger?
- How can lighting diverter help?
- How can you easily monitor your charger?
List of Best Electric Fence Chargers Review
10. StafixElectric Fence Charger
If you love to grow a lot of different things, you know stray animals can easily ruin all your hard work. Well, this product is just the item for you. The fence charger is able to take care of a great deal of land. So one item is enough for your field. As much as 220 miles can be covered by this product.
A bigger plus point of this product is that the charger promises to be able to work in extreme conditions. So, you can use this product all through the year without any glitches. With the help of a much needed LED display, you will be able to view the status clear even when it is dark.
- This high-quality product has been created in New Zealand.
- It also comes with two years warranty. So, you can get immediate help in case of any trouble.
- Not only the speed but also the power is adjustable on this machine.
9. Briidea Electric Fence Charger
In case you have to look after more livestock than you can handle, this charger might be your best friend. Because of spreading the electric through the fence, while your animals cannot escape, similarly, no outside predators can touch your poultry. A very handy feature of this product is that the charger has special easy twiddle screw-on terminal knobs added to the package.
With this product, you do not have to worry about compatibility. It can go with steel, aluminum, or many other types of wires. This not only makes the installation much easier. However, connecting the ground rods with the live fence wire takes the least bit of time.
- With a little light provided on the product, you will be indicated every second the unit pulses.
- This has received certification from UL for its high-quality standards.
- Not only wires, but the product is also compatible with almost any type of soil.
8. Patriot PE2 Electric Fence Energizer
For those who badly need a fence charger, but not one which will burn a hole through their pocket, this is the ideal product for you. Not only is this a complete steal deal, but the product also includes necessary aluminum wire with the product itself. Hence, you do not have to spend extra on this product. Besides, the product does not compromise on the quality of the product.
It uses top grade 17 gauge aluminum wire. If that was not enough, the energizer also includes a Quick Tip Guide. This might be able to help many beginners if they have never used such a product before.
- Since the spool material is aluminum, you do not have to worry about rusting any time soon.
- Even under heavy load like foliage, the product will deliver power to the very end of the fence.
- You get an ample 250ft spool wire which will be able to cover your garden.
7. Parmak MARK8 Electric Fence Charger
Innovation has a new name with Parmak. The circuitry of this product uses the best technology and can be computer-controlled. Hence, in case there is a heavy downpour, you do not need to step out of the house if you want to make any adjustments. Besides, this charger is built for heavy-duty work. Even if the weeds are wet, there will no malfunction with this product. It does not fail to deliver the expected shock.
If you are still not convinced about the quality of the product, Parmak provides an impressive 2-year warranty. As a matter of fact, it even covers any lightning damage to assure you of its superior performance.
- This product has been specially designed to cater to the needs of medium pastures.
- Safety should not be disregarded when dealing with such products. Hence, this product has fuse protection.
- With a digital meter, you are always able to monitor the voltage without any problem.
6. Gallagher M1500 Electric Fence Charger
This product has been designed with a lot of thought put into it. The charger has a rugged outer plastic cover. This is able to withstand the usual impact and any harsh weather for you. On the other hand, it delivers the same service without fail. Moreover, an inbuilt lightning diverter is another thoughtful step to make sure the charger is protected from any sudden mishaps.
With an inbuilt adaptive technology, the voltage output is raised considerably by making use of added power reserve. For those who have never used one such product before, no need to panic. The charger comes with a user guide which will walk you through each easy step of the installation.
- The product can be used for both poly wire as well as turbo wire.
- It also comes with split bolt terminals for ease of installation.
- This can cover as high as 900 acres of land.
5. Fi-Shock Electric Fence Energizer
While keeping the wild animals is an absolute must, the fence must not in any way hurt the livestock inside. And this only makes the product counterproductive. Keeping that in mind, this energizer has been given a low impedance. Hence, you do not have to worry about your poultry walking too close to the fence. The innovative Fence OK indicator light tells you if the energizer has power. Therefore, you do not leave your animals unguarded even a single night by mistake.
Most importantly, this product makes use of solar energy to charge the battery of the energizer. As a result, can easily go on for a good two weeks even without any sun, making it truly an eco-friendly product.
- As far as energy efficiency goes, this product boasts the approval from UL.
- One really unique feature of this product is that the energizer has a fuseless design.
- To keep the product out of easy reach, the energizer can be wall-mounted.
4. Zareba EAC25MZ Electric Fence Charger
Zareba has created a long line of successful electric fence chargers, and this is one of their best products. The product can serve both for big fields, as well as ones that are under harsh conditions. Next, the charger takes care of a good 25 miles. Thus, it also promises to work just fine even if the field has a lot of weed to deal with.
The terminal knobs on the product are really easy to grip so the installation process is speeded up. Since the product has a weather-resistant case, the product can even be used in heavy showers.
- With a two-year-long warranty on the product, what more assurance can you ask for when quality is concerned.
- Having 1-joule power, the output on this product is excellent.
3. Fi-Shock ESP2M Electric Fence Charger
In case you do a lot of moving around with the fence, this charger will be perfect for you. The product comes with an ergonomic handle which makes carrying the charger from one place to another convenient. Moreover, with this product, you do not have to depend on any man-made power sources. Solar energy charges the item enough to last you for a whole two weeks without even a peek of the sun before it may need a recharge again.
Hence, the product is much more environmental-friendly as well. The product is primarily suited for small wild animals that might attack your poultry.
- With this, you can avoid the usual battery drainage with the help of the low impedance technology.
- The product has an excellent 1-second interval pulsed output.
- Some good sunshine for 3 whole days is more than enough to get this product completely charged.
2. Parmak MAG12 Electric Fence Charger
If quality is your primary concern, go for this product without any further second guesses. With this product, you do not have to wrack your brain with guessing about the electric fencing. The charger has a unique built-in performance meter which gives you information about the exact condition of your fence.
When it comes to a continuous long service, this product is truly unbeatable. The charger can operate for a good three months, barely requiring you to go through all the hassle for maintenance.
- This is created in the USA for top-notch performance.
- The charger sports a weatherproof feature, so it can be used throughout the year without any problem.
- Because of the low impedance battery, your cattle inside stays safe with no health risk.
1. ZarebaESP10M-Z Electric Fence Charger
This product is completely loaded with features and is bound to have what you are looking for already. For the environmentalists out there, you can take some relief in knowing that the charger is powered completely by solar energy. Although, do not doubt it’s effectiveness. The product has an output of 0.15 Joules.
The solar panel is built in the product itself. More than that, this product also comes with a bracket, so you can easily put it up on different types of posts.
- You can mount the product both on walls as well as the fence.
- The product can be used with any type of wire, so you do not have to be concerned about the material.
- The charger can handle as much as 10 miles of fence.
What other measures should you take after buying an electric fence charger?
No matter how isolated your piece of land is, electric fence chargers can always pose a threat if any unaware people are walking nearby. For that reason, one thing that you have to make sure is put up health hazard signs around your fence, wherever necessary to caution everybody walking near the field.
Another thing that will be beneficial is if you make sure the grounding line is clear so that the fence charger can do its job without any glitches. Also, although powerful fence chargers can even work with obstacles like weeds, if your field remains clear, you can be sure that the product will not fail to protect your cattle from outsiders.
How to choose an eco-friendly electric fence charger?
In case you are not a big fan of the consumption of unnecessary power, or if getting the power supply to the field can be a bigger problem, you definitely should settle for eco-friendly fence chargers. For such purposes, you should look for one which comes with a solar panel attached to it. Even though such chargers work purely on solar panels, a charge of 72 hours give you a good running life of 2 weeks, even without any sunlight, so you do not have to worry about constantly charging the product every so often. Besides, since you are using a renewable source of energy, it practically costs you nothing for running your product regularly on the field.
Why is low impedance better for an electric fence charger?
An electric fence might be dangerous to touch for both the insiders as well as the outsiders. If your cattle keep running into it, it might become a real problem, as the charger will be rendered practically useless. This is where the low impedance really comes to your aid. The product makes sure that the fence is safe for your livestock inside, while they cannot escape from it, while it makes sure that nobody from outside can lay a finger on your poultry.
How can lighting diverter help?
When open fields are concerned, there are not enough obstacles to handle direct lightning during storms. Since you are having an electric fence, your field, and fence runs a bigger risk of getting damaged in such scenarios. Therefore, if a lightning diverter is already built inside the product, you can have some assurance that your field will not be the first target, so you do not have to unplug the product during storms.
How can you easily monitor your charger?
For this, all you need to look for is a LED screen display. The figures will be much easier to view without any complicated functions. More importantly, because of the LED, whether it gets dark, you lose power in your place, or the place is just a low light area, your eyes do not have to struggle to read the screen.
By now you have come across all our listing. So, with installing an electric fence charger, you can keep your cattle, dog, or any other animal in full control.