A riding lawn mower isn’t only a powerful machine for mowing your lawn, but also gives the convenience to complete this job in a seating position. This easy to operate equipment has changed the maintenance criteria and make it hassle-free to mow large properties. No one can deny that they are the most efficient alternative for the basic walk-behind mowers that ask you to drive around the yard in a more fatigue manner.
The popularity of this equipment has resulted in the emergence of many companies who are manufacturing it in various designs. It has made things a little bit confusing when it comes to select the perfect option. If you are in the worry of making the wrong choice, then this post needs to be addressed carefully. Here, our team will present a list of top 10 best riding lawn mowers to choose from in 2022. Each pick is added after proper testing and research as we understand it is a costly investment, and that’s why we don’t want to create any room for a mistake.
- List of Best Riding Lawn Mowers Review
- 10. Husqvarna YTH24K48 (best budget-friendly pick)
- 9. Ryobi Riding Lawn Mower RY48111 (best battery electric riding lawn mower)
- 8. Swisher Z31KT Pro Front Tractor (best for smoother control)
- 7. Husqvarna Z242F Zero Turn Riding Mower (best under $3,000)
- 6. Husqvarna LTH1738 (best for small yards)
- 5. Snapper 2911525BVE Rear Engine (best rear engine riding lawn mower)
- 4. Troy-Bilt Briggs & Stratton Automatic Riding Lawnmower (best for flat terrain)
- 3. Husqvarna YTA24V48 Mower (best for quick transmission)
- 2. Craftsman T225 Riding Lawn Mower (editor’s choice)
- 1. Troy-Bilt Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower (editor’s choice)
- What to check in a riding lawn mower?
List of Best Riding Lawn Mowers Review
10. Husqvarna YTH24K48 (best budget-friendly pick)
We are going to begin this list with a 24HP lawn mower that is available at quite an affordable rate. It comes with a pedal-operated hydrostatic transmission that keeps the maintenance to the minimum. There is a 48-inch reinforced stamped steel three-blade attached to the unit for better convenience of the users.
The manufacturer has added solid heavy-duty wheels that make sure it can move even to the toughest terrains pretty easily. Overall, we can say it is a nice product where you can invest money with complete peace of mind.
- Effortless to operate
- Controls can be adjusted quite easily
- Extremely comfortable to use
- Crafted in a durable construction
- Not available for sale in California state
9. Ryobi Riding Lawn Mower RY48111 (best battery electric riding lawn mower)
If you want to buy the unit that works on the electricity, then invest money in the RY48111 that is available at an affordable price. Having this unit will make sure you don’t have to worry about running out of gas. There is a solid three brushless added by the manufacturer for providing solid performance.
This machine gives a run time of nearly 2.5 hours on a single charge that is pretty amazing. You only need a standard 120-volt outlet for charging this incredible equipment.
- Solid runtime of 2.5 hours
- Convenient charging system
- Very quiet operation
- Capable of cutting in 12 different positions
- Belts get old after some years
8. Swisher Z31KT Pro Front Tractor (best for smoother control)
This unit is specially made for individuals who can’t compromise in terms of comfort and control. The Swisher Z31KT is a brilliant model that may cost you lots of money, but the availability of patented rapid-response control systems makes it worthy in every sense.
In addition to sleek construction and wonderful comfort, there is a robust commercial grade 999c Kawasaki engine added in this unit that performs beyond the expectation of users. Even the commercial & professional mowers can happily spend their money on it.
- Give adequate comfort
- Very solid quality unit
- Convenient to operate
- Easy to adjust controls
- Too costly to shop
7. Husqvarna Z242F Zero Turn Riding Mower (best under $3,000)
The next model we want to talk about is one of the best riding lawn mowers that come with a solid 18 HP Kawasaki engine. Investing money in this model will ensure highly reliable startups along with a maximum speed of 6.5 MPH. The maintenance cost of this product is almost zero thanks to the hydrostatic transmission. It allows the rider to mow the yard in all types of cutting environments.
It has a patent-pending part brake system that works automatically when steering levers get moved in an outward direction. Also, you will get high-performance blades in this unit that can cut down the grass impressively.
- Provide highly reliable startups
- Very low maintenance unit
- Capable of working in a variety of conditions
- Pretty wonderful airflow
- Costly option to shop
6. Husqvarna LTH1738 (best for small yards)
The people having small yards needs to understand a low powered lawn mower is enough for them. There is no need to spend tons of money in that case when this impressive unit from Husqvarna can fulfill your needs. It is a beginner-friendly model that provides a 16-degree turning radius for better access to the garden.
It is full of safety features like headlights, reverse cutting systems, and safety shut off. Finding such impressive features is pretty difficult in the common models available in the market. Overall, we can say that it is a great buy for people who usually need to mow a yard less than one acre.
- Beginner-friendly operation
- Equipped with air-induction technology
- Provide the reverse cutting ability
- Very smoother ride
- Not appropriate for larger yards
5. Snapper 2911525BVE Rear Engine (best rear engine riding lawn mower)
If someone is looking to shop a lawn mower with a rear-engine, then this model from Snapper brand is the most awesome choice that you can make. It comes with 11.5 HP Briggs and Stratton Intek Engine that provide the required level of reliability and durability to the operation. The manufacturer has added ReadyStart technology that makes things easier to begin the engine.
That’s not all; there is an anti-vibration system available in the lawnmower that ensure ride becomes smoother and convenient. The debris is eliminated due to the presence of an advanced debris management system.
- Very reliable and smoother operation
- Comfortable to ride for an extended period
- Give even cutting
- Proper arrangement for debris cleaning
- Narrow cutting deck
4. Troy-Bilt Briggs & Stratton Automatic Riding Lawnmower (best for flat terrain)
This product is developed by a pretty trusted brand like Troy-Bilt who has never sold poor items to their buyers. It is an exceptional unit that designed pretty smartly by the manufacturer for giving extreme comfort to the riders. You are going to get both durability and dependability by investing money in this equipment.
It can reach convincingly to the speed up to 5.2 MPH that is quite impressive. Along with that, the company has added the automatic variable transmission system that provides brilliant control over the speed.
- Super easy to clean
- Highly adjustable seat
- Equipped with soft-touch steering wheel
- Very soft touch steering system
- Little bit slippery footrest might be an issue for some people
3. Husqvarna YTA24V48 Mower (best for quick transmission)
If you are looking for an extremely fast transmission in the mower, then the YTA24V48 is the right choice to make. It comes with the required features that boost the auto transmission and make the maintenance almost free. It has a choke less start that you can buy in very few units at this price.
Another highlight of this model is its air induction mowing technology that makes the airflow better within the deck. It helps in providing consistent cut every time on the lawn. The complete product is backed by three years warranty whereas the cutting deck provides 10 years warranty.
- Cuts very precisely and evenly
- Very smooth to operate
- Exceptional turning radius
- Extremely sturdy construction
- Expensive option to shop
2. Craftsman T225 Riding Lawn Mower (editor’s choice)
The second position is comfortably accommodated by the Craftsman T225 that will be greatly beneficial for mowing the lawn without worrying too much. It is a heavy-duty machine made by the company for serious lawn lovers. There is an amazing 19 HP Briggs & Stratton Gold engine installed in this equipment to make sure you can complete mowing tasks conveniently.
It equipped with the ready-start technology that ensures the users can move the vehicle only by turning the key. There are solid reliability and continuous power guaranteed if you are riding this machine.
- Very powerful and fast
- Give great cutting performance
- Exceptional turning radius
- Works adequately even on small inclines
- A little bit uncomfortable for individuals with long legs
1. Troy-Bilt Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower (editor’s choice)
The most deserving candidate for topping this list of best riding lawn mowers is this model from Troy-Bilt that has performed very positively among the users. It comes with a very solid engine with a 6-speed transmission that makes things very convenient and quick. The presence of an 18-inch turning radius can turn out to be very useful for mowing the garden efficiently.
The blade engagement also becomes easier and faster due to the manual power take-off. On top of that, five adjustable settings ensure you can set a cutting deck as per the needs. Overall, we can say that this unit for mowing your garden while riding with low fatigue and stress.
- Create extremely even terrain
- The solid top forward speed of 4.25 MPH
- Available at a decent price
- Great turning radius
- Quality of some metal parts is below average
What to check in a riding lawn mower?
There is a variety of factors that needs to keep in mind while shopping for a riding lawnmower. All of them are mentioned below in detail:
- Engine Horsepower
The main thing that runs the riding lawn mower is the engine and its capacity is decided by horsepower. However, it doesn’t mean that you should always choose a model that offers high horsepower. That’s why it is strongly suggested to go for a model that fits perfectly according to the size of your lawn.
If you are shopping the lawn mower that runs on the propane, then it is ideal for checking what its fuel capacity is. Check out how much time you need for finishing mowing on the lawn. It will help in finding what the right fuel capacity will be for you. Shop the model that comes with the required level of fuel capacity.
There are three major versions of the transmission system used in the riding lawn mowers, named automatic, hydrostatic, and manual. The automatic system works in the same way as we found in the cars, whereas the manual transmission allows the users to select speed according to the requirement. On the other hand, the hydrostatic transmission transfers power from engine to wheel with the help of fluids. Nowadays, the majority of advance models use hydrostatic transmission.
If you believe that a high-quality engine or transmission system is enough for a riding lawn mower, then it is completely wrong. It is equally important to have a good overall built. Try to go for models that made from metal instead of plastic as they are considered more durable.
All the things that we have mentioned above won’t be of any use if you can’t find them under your budget. You should always check out how much your pocket allows you to spend as a riding lawn mower available anywhere between US$ 1,000 to even more than US$ 4,000. However, you should try to stay in the budget and find the model that matches your pocket.
Have you got your answer about which is the right equipment to choose from? We believe our list of best riding lawn mowers has helped you in making adequate decisions. It is a little bit costly investment that needs to make with cautiousness. If you still have a query in mind regarding this equipment, then we suggest writing about it in the comment section. After all, we don’t want to make any compromise while shopping for a riding lawn mower.