The process of cutting fabrics has become easier than one’s imagination thanks to the technology that invented cutting machines for such purpose. They come with a great variety of top-class features and abilities that let even a beginner cut the fabrics in style. It is an essential tool that can be used by anyone even with minimal knowledge.
Choosing the model is never easier when there is an endless choice available in the market. To ease your worry, we have created a list of top 10 best fabric cutting machines in 2020. Let’s check out all of them and choose one that suits your requirements perfectly.
- List of Best Fabric Cutting Machines Review on Amazon
- 10. Accuquilt Ready. Set. Go!
- 9. Sizzix 660550 Big Shot Po Cutting Machine
- 8. Circuit Expression 1 (best under US$ 200)
- 7. Circut Explore Air 2 Mint (best uniquely designed unit)
- 6. Silhouette Cameo-3-4T (best under $250)
- 5. Sizzix 660425 Big Shot Cutting Machine
- 4. Reliable 1500 FR Knife Cloth Cutting Machine (best lightweight fabric cutting machine)
- 3. Brother CM350 Electronic Cutting Machine (best for versatility)
- 2. AccuQuilt Go! Big Fabric Cutter (best for large fabrics)
- 1. Cricut Explore Air Wireless Cutting Machine (editor’s choice)
- What are the major types of fabric cutting machines?
List of Best Fabric Cutting Machines Review on Amazon
10. Accuquilt Ready. Set. Go!
If you are a professional quilter, then you won’t find difficulty in work at all. You will get lots of accessories with a unit like a quick starter guide, a pattern book, fabric & thread, and a cutting mat. The company has tried to keep all the requirements of buyers in mind, and that’s why selling this unit in a complete package.
It has an easy to use a construction that ensures no strain occurs on the arm & hand. On top of that, there is a built-in carrying case in this unit making things convenient for the buyers.
- Pretty quicker & precise cutting
- Highly portable & easier to carry
- Equip with unlimited cut options
- Not compatible with certain dies
9. Sizzix 660550 Big Shot Po Cutting Machine
This unit can perform both cuttings as well as embossing on the fabrics quite easily. The weight of this machine is only 40 lbs. so you may have some problem carrying it from one place to another. There is a standard sliding tray attached to the unit that allows the machine to cut in the desired shape.
The company has used high-quality ABS plastic & aluminum for providing durability and sturdiness to the unit. Also, it is fully compatible with all the Sure Cut dies.
- Equip with a pretty larger surface
- Compatible with a range of dies
- Capable of cutting fabric in a variety of forms
- Quite bulky to carry
8. Circuit Expression 1 (best under US$ 200)
The Expression 1 manufactured by Circuit brand offered a perfect value for money to the buyers. It doesn’t need any cartridge to run as this unit operates with Circuit Craft room. Also, there are four functions and six modes in this product that ensure you have greater customization options.
You will also get a 12” X 12” cutting mat-free with this product from the company’s end. It is a highly portable device that works better than the majority of units available in this price range.
- Very portable and simple to use
- Available at an affordable price range
- Plenty of customization options
- Tons of modes can confuse a newcomer
7. Circut Explore Air 2 Mint (best uniquely designed unit)
The seventh position in this list is held by this exceptionally manufactured unit from Circuit brand. It is fully compatible with all the computer systems and Android devices. The manufacturer has added a smart set keypad in this device that boosts the cutting on poster boards, card-stocks, and adhesive foils among others.
This product is available in a great variety of colors like mint, cherry blossom, matte black, and persimmon. Overall, we find that this unit offers full value to the money.
- Capable of producing custom stickers
- Equip with a smart set dial
- Excellent wireless cutting technology
- Pretty complicated software
6. Silhouette Cameo-3-4T (best under $250)
The Cameo-3-4T is a superb cutting machine using a twist of technology for completing the process. It can work on a great variety of materials thanks to its brilliant cutter. You can make the desired shape and cuts quite conveniently with this machine.
That’s not all; the company has also taken care of the beginners by making it easier to use. It is an exceptional product to buy for awesome cutting results.
- Blades can be adjusted as per the need
- Pretty easier designing
- Work on a great variety of materials
- Irritating notification sound
5. Sizzix 660425 Big Shot Cutting Machine
If you are looking for a machine that can perform embossing along with the cutting process, then the Sizzix 660425 is the ideal option to go for. It comes with a shape cutting cutter that can work on a great variety of materials that include paper, fabric, and many more.
The company has added a multipurpose platform that let the users extend it according to the needs. That’s not all; it offers exceptional performance during the cutting process.
- Deliver with a three-year warranty period
- Easy to use & portable controls
- Capable of performing embossing with cutting
- Issues registered in the clutter of this product
4. Reliable 1500 FR Knife Cloth Cutting Machine (best lightweight fabric cutting machine)
We will place this one of the best fabric cutting machines at this position thanks to its cutting throat technology and extremely lightweight. Manufactured by a Canadian brand, this electric rotary machine come with a 4-inch thick octagonal blade and solid 110-volt electric motor.
The unique feature of this product is its ability to sharpen blade automatically. On the other hand, there are guards on both front & rear side for providing better safety.
- Extremely lightweight & easier to carry
- Equip with carbide tipped counter blade
- Proper safety during the cutting process
- Not ideal for intricate cuttings
3. Brother CM350 Electronic Cutting Machine (best for versatility)
This unit is an extremely lightweight product that comes with cutting edge technology. The Brother CM350 has all the features needed to make the fabric cutting process convenient. Furthermore, the availability of German blades and unique Japanese construction boost the cutting process.
On top of that, this product also comes with PC adaptability and wireless connectivity. Also, there is a 4.85-inches LCD screen available for better viewing of the process.
- Brilliant wireless connectivity
- Pretty larger cutting area
- Compatible with a range of systems
- The quite slow cutting process
2. AccuQuilt Go! Big Fabric Cutter (best for large fabrics)
If you often have to cut large fabrics, then this brilliant product manufactured by AccuQuilt can be a top contender to go for. Six creative patterns in this machine ensure the user can cut fabric in the desired shape and design quite easily.
It is one of the fastest cutter available in the market that can maximize your efficiency for sure. Also, you can use it for extended periods without putting any strain on your arm.
- Equip with dual dies working simultaneously
- Highly portable fabric cutting machine
- Friendly for beginners
- A little bit bulky to carry
1. Cricut Explore Air Wireless Cutting Machine (editor’s choice)
This model by Cricut brand is one of the highest-selling fabric machines in the market due to its distinctive design and awesome cutting. You can use it on a great range of materials that range from card stock, iron-on, and even paper.
There are custom settings available on this equipment that let the users complete job due to its user-friendly & smart control dials. Also, it has dual cartridge so the cutting process will become very easier. You can upload images using Bluetooth technology feature available on this unit.
- Equip with cut smart technology for better cuts
- Capable of working on more than 60 different types of materials
- Wireless cutting with brilliant Bluetooth connectivity
- Quite expensive to buy
What are the major types of fabric cutting machines?
There are two types of fabric cutting machines about which we have provided the information below in detail.
Electrical fabric cutting machine:
It is the modern version that uses electricity for operation. Along with that, it has a very user-friendly interface that makes the operation easier for beginners. This easy to use machine comes with a great type of features, including built-in design; touch screen monitors, scanning systems, and wireless connection.
Along with that, it offers many other benefits like developing customized designs, and easy to understand functions. However, they are pretty expensive when compared with the annual version available in the market. There is also a disadvantage associated with such machines as they can’t work without electricity. It might be an issue for areas that experience power outages frequently.
Manual fabric cutting machines:
It is the manual version of fabric cutting machines that don’t need electricity or batteries to work. The cutting process is completely manual and takes extra effort. On the other hand, it is a very cost-effective solution that you can buy for paying a low amount when compared with electric fabric cutting machines.
Furthermore, it won’t put any burden like electricity bills. However, there are certain disadvantages to this type of fabric machines. The operation of this machine is very slow and demand extra manual work.
These are the best fabric cutting machines that you can buy for enjoying a convenient & quicker operation. We have tried to cover all types of products by price, features, and other suitable measures. It is important that you should make this buy with a calm mind. If you have a query related to this post, then connect with our platform.