Are you looking for the best garage door opener, but don’t know where to find one? If yes, then we want to congrats as you have landed in the perfect place where we will give you all the important information about this equipment. A garage door opener is a costly investment, so it is essential that the unit you are shopping should have adequate quality. It is quite common to get confused after seeing the solid range of options available in the market. However, we won’t let this happen as our team is here to help the readers in the best possible manner.
At this platform, we have unique research through which our professionals choose the right unit after brief testing. Without any further wait, let us tell you about the top 10 best garage door openers in 2020. Check out each of them and make your choice wisely.
- List of Best Garage Door Openers Review
- 10. Chamberlain B510 Belt-Driven Garage Door Opener
- 9. SKylink AT-1622BK (best silent garage door opener)
- 8. Liftmaster 8500 Wall Mount Garage Opener
- 7. Chamberlain Group B730
- 6. NEXX Garage NXG-100 (best android garage door opener)
- 5. Sommer Direct Drive Garage Door Opener (best for bulky doors)
- 4. LiftMaster 1355 (best Wi-FI Garage Opener)
- 3. Genie ChainMax (best chain drive garage door opener)
- 2. Decko 24300 Horse Power Garage Door Opener (best for large doors)
- 1. Chamberlain Group B970 Garage Door Opener (editor’s choice)
- How to choose a garage door opener?
List of Best Garage Door Openers Review
10. Chamberlain B510 Belt-Driven Garage Door Opener
Our list will begin with this exceptionally crafted unit that equipped with ½ HP motor. The Chamberlain B510 has a very silent operation thanks to its steel-reinforced belt drive that make opening and closing silent.
In addition to quieter operation, there are tons of excellent features in this unit that include an automatic timer, MyQ compatibility, and effortless lifting. You will find this unit extremely useful for the garage door.
- This garage door opener backed by a pretty amazing warranty
- Powered by a solid lift power system
- Delivered with two button remote controls
- Difficult to work with Homelink doors
If you want to make sure your garage door doesn’t create any noise during the entire operation, then the AT-1622BK can be your perfect choice. It has a very quieter AC motor having the superb belt drive system.
The manufacturer has added an LED light that can assist in glowing your garage. Besides that, this product is compatible with SkyLinkNet that let the users control and monitor the door using the smartphone.
- Easy to install system thanks to a brilliant numeric display
- Provide brilliant after sales customer service
- Equip with LED lighting for brightening the garage
- Few complaints about keypad sync by some buyers
8. Liftmaster 8500 Wall Mount Garage Opener
The eighth position is accommodated by the best garage door opener that comes with a handful of features. The Liftmaster 8500 equipped with wall control, transmitter, remote light, and safety beams, among others. It can be installed easily by the people even with basic knowledge.
On the other hand, the company has added a 24V DC motor that can complete its job quietly. To sum up, we can say that it is a brilliant product that comes with all sort of useful features.
- Pretty quicker and easier installation process even for novices
- Minimizes sound and vibrations during operation
- Provide pretty reliable and solid performance
- Incompatible with roll-up garage doors
7. Chamberlain Group B730
This belt-driven garage door opener is known to give an extremely quieter performance at an affordable price range. It has ¾ HP motor that can open even the bulkier garage doors quite easily.
The Chamberlain B730 comes with two three-button remotes, a wall panel, and even support the MyQ Smartphone control. The company provides a five-year warranty on the parts and lifetime warranty on the motor.
- Accident prevention due to the presence of infrared sensors
- Provide full value to the money
- Solid performance by the ¾ HP DC motor
- Need an extra controller or using MyQ smartphone control
6. NEXX Garage NXG-100 (best android garage door opener)
The sixth entry in our list is this amazingly easy to install and setup garage door opener. It has a very stylish app control that can transform your garage door into a smart device. Furthermore, you are free to control this machine from anywhere using the Android app.
The thing that makes it separate from the others is its incredible security encryption having real-time activity logging. Overall, it is a solid choice to make if you want to buy an Android integrated garage door opener.
- Equipped with an easy to control app control system
- Provide top-grade security encryption
- Pretty quicker installation process
- Non-existent and extremely bad reputation customer service
5. Sommer Direct Drive Garage Door Opener (best for bulky doors)
The people with a pretty bulky garage door can think about shopping this unit thanks to its high-lifting capacity. The Sommer brand delivers this product with an installation kit having accessories to fit it in both 7 and 8-foot rails with minimal effort.
The unique thing about this product is that the only moving part will be a garage door opener. It means there are no complicated parts about which the buyers have to care about.
- Create very little vibrations during the operation
- Equipped with a solid lifting capacity
- Extremely elegant and simple construction
- Little bit expensive unit to buy
4. LiftMaster 1355 (best Wi-FI Garage Opener)
The next one is the LiftMaster 1355 that equipped with built-in Wi-Fi that gives access to the owners for controlling the door from anywhere. It has Posilock that make sure no one can clone the remote and enter the garage.
Besides that, there is an alert two closed system added by the manufacturer that can reverse the door if there is something on its way.
- Provide extremely steady performance
- Latest Wi-Fi version for easier connection
- Available at a good price considering its feature range
- Design work could have been better
3. Genie ChainMax (best chain drive garage door opener)
If you are looking for the chain version, then you should choose this option from the Genie brand. It is one of the most highly-rated units equipped with ¾ horsepower motor. This unit prevents accidents with the availability of safe T-beam system.
That’s not all; the beam can reverse automatically if there is something crossing beam on the way of going down. The authorized access can also be prevented thanks to its intelligent code technology.
- Delivered with a great set of accessories
- Smart Set technology for convenient working
- Lifetime warranty on the motor
- The extremely poor and unresponsive customer service team
2. Decko 24300 Horse Power Garage Door Opener (best for large doors)
The product that accommodates 2nd position in this list is Decko 24300 that equipped with solid ¾ HP DC motor. It has all the features needed for providing perfect performance to large doors. The manufacturer has added an auto-reversal sensor that ensures the door automatically stops if something detects in the path.
Also, the unit is quite easier to install and doesn’t take too much time. Furthermore, it is available in both belt as well as chain versions.
- Prevention of accidents with infrared sensors
- Equipped with 8-foot extension kits
- Solid DC motor for better performance
- Very poor remote range
1. Chamberlain Group B970 Garage Door Opener (editor’s choice)
Equipped with built-in Wi-Fi technology, this smart garage door opener is a perfect option for topping this list. It can be controlled through the mobile app quite conveniently. The most convincing feature in this unit is MAX Lift Power System that provides solid lifting power.
The presence of ultra-quiet and solid belt drive adds reliability and smoothness to the experience. Overall, this product is superb in every manner and capable of performing in the way buyers want.
- Equipped with a lifetime warranty for motor & belt
- Remote comes with a solid range
- Give liberty to get controlled through an app
- Home integration with Google is paid and costly
How to choose a garage door opener?
Have a look at things that you need to check while buying the perfect garage door opener below:
As we all know, the garage door openers are delivered with motors of different power- ¾, 1/2, and 1/3 HP. You should go for the one according to the size and weight of your garage door. The bulkier it is, the more power you need.
The second thing that you should care about is the speed at which it opens the door. The average time taken by a door opener is seven inches in a second. You can easily find one with more speed if it is your main priority.
A garage door opener is a very costly investment that you need to make with proper intelligence. Never spend too much money that put too strain on the pocket. Be a sensible person and go for the garage door opener that fits your budget.
Keeping a closer look at the things mentioned above will make sure you end up with an excellent garage door opener.
Picking the right garage door opener is a confusing task due to endless options available in the market. However, we team has tried to simplify the process by providing the best garage door openers after a solid testing and research process. Be a smart buyer and choose the item that fits with your requirements most. If there is a query revolving in your mind regarding this unit, then please write it to us. We love to help our readers with full dedication.